• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

[email protected]

[email protected]

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 228 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Server:None
Hi guys,one friend of mine got 2 problems

FIRST problem :,during the game,maps aren't loaded complitley,and some parts are black or white,like some texture is missing,he tryied unistalling and reinstalling everything,but error is persistant,

SECOND problem : fps value is stuck at 20 fps about,he tryied comands like "set_maxfps 125" but this is not working anyway, this made game almost unable to play.

Thanks for reading, i hope somebody can help us,

greetings Memories/gun&$tyle

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

SunLight

SunLight

L11: Assassin

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:10
  • Server:ETSW2
Contributor
the correct command for fps is:
com_maxfps 125
if he gets 20fps, maybe he should try to reduce some details in his config.

about the other problem (textures), I can't tell right now... could be a driver problem? Maybe installing the latest drivers for his gfx card could help. You say black and white? not orange and black?

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor
The texture problem could be caused by him having an old driver for an ATI card. The newer updates should fix the bug.

kogucik

kogucik

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 403 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Server:Jay3
On my laptop 256mb of graphic card i have 40fps and on my new PC with nvidia Gtx 560 1 gb i have 125fps whole the time ;)
So even if he set his Fps up to 125 he will not get so much if grapfic card is very bad.

Latino555

Latino555

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 482 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:4
  • Server:Hardcore ET
Another thing to keep in mind is if his PC is overheating. He should try cleaning his computer of dust.

[email protected]

[email protected]

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 228 posts
Unknown at this point
Well thanks so much for answering guys!,if i remember correct my friend's pc got an ATI card! so i will suggest it to update it,and try correct comands! ,gonna repost soon:)! thanks so much!

PiNoY

PiNoY

Your Number One Super Noob Bone Breaking Samurai

• Leader
  • 3,710 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay3
  • Alias:father
  • Steam ID:verpinoy
  • T-M:ET: 8-6
Contributor
One interesting thing I learned from FPS today is that, under Linux my FPS toggling between 50 to 60 so fast that I cant even read the values but under Windows (recently setup), my FPS would be like 100 to 125. Ive got same config on both ET setup, I guess its the driver that also affects it though as much as possible, I dont wanna use Windows :(

SunLight

SunLight

L11: Assassin

• Clan Friend
  • 5,090 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:10
  • Server:ETSW2
Contributor

One interesting thing I learned from FPS today is that, under Linux my FPS toggling between 50 to 60 so fast that I cant even read the values but under Windows (recently setup), my FPS would be like 100 to 125. Ive got same config on both ET setup, I guess its the driver that also affects it though as much as possible, I dont wanna use Windows :(

is vsync on in your driver or game? I get the same fps both in Win and Linux, actually on Linux it's more stable, and I could even get more fps if I enabled Ati a.i., I just don't want it to use both cores and lag my mouse...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users