Graphic and fps problem

stevia

Hi guys,one friend of mine got 2 problems

FIRST problem :,during the game,maps aren't loaded complitley,and some parts are black or white,like some texture is missing,he tryied unistalling and reinstalling everything,but error is persistant,

SECOND problem : fps value is stuck at 20 fps about,he tryied comands like "set_maxfps 125" but this is not working anyway, this made game almost unable to play.

Thanks for reading, i hope somebody can help us,

greetings Memories/gun&$tyle

• Clan Friend

the correct command for fps is:

com_maxfps 125

if he gets 20fps, maybe he should try to reduce some details in his config.

about the other problem (textures), I can't tell right now... could be a driver problem? Maybe installing the latest drivers for his gfx card could help. You say black and white? not orange and black?

On my laptop 256mb of graphic card i have 40fps and on my new PC with nvidia Gtx 560 1 gb i have 125fps whole the time ;)

So even if he set his Fps up to 125 he will not get so much if grapfic card is very bad.

Well thanks so much for answering guys!,if i remember correct my friend's pc got an ATI card! so i will suggest it to update it,and try correct comands! ,gonna repost soon:)! thanks so much!

One interesting thing I learned from FPS today is that, under Linux my FPS toggling between 50 to 60 so fast that I cant even read the values but under Windows (recently setup), my FPS would be like 100 to 125. Ive got same config on both ET setup, I guess its the driver that also affects it though as much as possible, I dont wanna use Windows :(

• Clan Friend

One interesting thing I learned from FPS today is that, under Linux my FPS toggling between 50 to 60 so fast that I cant even read the values but under Windows (recently setup), my FPS would be like 100 to 125. Ive got same config on both ET setup, I guess its the driver that also affects it though as much as possible, I dont wanna use Windows :(

is vsync on in your driver or game? I get the same fps both in Win and Linux, actually on Linux it's more stable, and I could even get more fps if I enabled Ati a.i., I just don't want it to use both cores and lag my mouse...