Internet is Tubes and Moar:

RainierWolfcastle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Aopen made a 5.1 Channel Tube Driven Sound section on their Mobo.

AOpen's VIA VT8188A

aopenviavt8188a.jpg

I use similar components in my circuit solder. :D good wima!

marry it and have cute ram babies :gay

I shall! :hmm

• Administrators
I'll stick with my Transistor. :cheersSell_D313%2CD880%2CB834%2CD1351%2CTIP31C%2CTIP41C%2CTIP42C_Power_Transistor_Manufacturer_exporting_direct_from_China.jpg

Your transistor example there is a fine specimen. However, if you wish to truly want to enjoy electrons projected to grids thrown from cathodes and anodes, I suggest going back to this type of analog gear. Literally, the audio sine wave produced and amplified is extremely accurate to the raw signal feed comin' in.

oscope.jpg

A benefit is also that hot ions were pulsed to produce a natural since wave. Plus you'll notice afterwards, regular grade transistor stuff has a gritty ceramic sound produced from electrons forced through a doped sandwich of silicon, boron, etc. This forced reproduction in sound produces noise, delays transients, and muddles audio definition.

Mind you, we can't exist in a nice world of gizmo's and gadgets without microminimization of electronics, but something was lost during the 70s when solid state took over simply because it was a ton cheaper to produce transistors, and less work on major audio transformers. Plus you don't have to wait for 15 seconds for it to warm up. Meh, economize I guess. :|

f_clip.gif

The transistors that i have running through my original equipment are diodes, which are silicon solid-state type, and they need to be replaced with ultra fast recovery diodes.

BTW, precursor to that Transistor is a nuvistor. Tiny vacuum tube in a metal envelope.

New-1.JPG

And a replacement oscillation clock with a tube to improve response, less noise and transient signals.

pro8clock.jpg

Your transistor example there is a fine specimen. However, if you wish to truly want to enjoy electrons projected to grids thrown from cathodes and anodes, I suggest going back to this type of analog gear. Literally, the audio sine wave produced and amplified is extremely accurate to the raw signal feed comin' in.

The only think bad about the tubes is the cost. Sure they are extremely accurate, but the reason why people started making and overall using Transistors is the cost. My dad's family made a ton of tubes! But they didn't make them very often because of the cost. But, when Transistors came out, the wiped Tubes right off the table! But tubes are still cool B) . :)