earthquake

abnerdog

Here on the east coast we just were hit by a 5.9 quake. I had many pictures fall and broken glass but looks like that is it. They say it is the strongest since they began recording them. I was amazed at how much my house moved and at how long it lasted. I can't imagine what a 7.0 or stronger would be like. Well I am wide awake and I am now ready for a beer.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you're alright but gimme da beer :D:cheers

Lots of broken glass and things fell over but that was the worst of it. I really find it hard to believe that my house could move that much and not have something break. I can't imagine living on the west coast and having this happen all of the time. Time for another cold one!!

Felt it out here in Rhode Island, just barely noticeable like a washing machine going, but it was a little scary, never know whats going on until you hear news etc..

omg. i was annoyed by all the people on fb gettin their panties wet and posting statuses....and now on forums! nouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

it was only a 5.8 in VA, and it was supposedly strong in va, but im in mid-north carolina, and we felt NOTHIN!

<_<

omg. i was annoyed by all the people on fb gettin their panties wet and posting statuses....and now on forums! nouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

it was only a 5.8 in VA, and it was supposedly strong in va, but im in mid-north carolina, and we felt NOTHIN!

<_<

It's so easy to say that now, when you live in a city that never had such a strong earthquake, even if it was 5.9 or 2.9, you would panic too.

I'm living in 10th floor building and it was shaking, and you know how tall buildings shake, so I was getting the most shakes, desk shaking and bed was shaking. says it happened 200 miles from here and it was still shaking strong

I was on a webinar covering greenhouse gas emission reporting with the EPA during this. The guy presenting kinda laughed and was like "the ground is shaking... I'll be right back..." He came back and said "Well I don't know what to do yet so I'll continue with the presentation". They later evacuated the building LoL. Apparently The Capital and The White House were evac'ed.

It's so easy to say that now, when you live in a city that never had such a strong earthquake, even if it was 5.9 or 2.9, you would panic too.

I'm living in 10th floor building and it was shaking, and you know how tall buildings shake, so I was getting the most shakes, desk shaking and bed was shaking. says it happened 200 miles from here and it was still shaking strong

well, where i live it was hit, but not by me personally, but from what ive heard, it was nothing really, and people in VA are freaking out for nothing at all. Guess what? VA has earthquakes every few hours, you just dont feel them. Theyre common. But nobody pays attention in class >.>

also ryan, i dont know what you are talking about, i belive 4.0 are common ones in va, so good luck feeling a 2.9. and no, its not the first time a city has had one that strong i bet, its probably just the first time you or others your age may have experienced.

It wasn't 2.9 I was saying anyone would panic, news says this is the first new york has had, I'm not talking about VA I'm talking about new york dude, VA has buildings for these type of earthquakes, so normally people living there don't panic as much, you think a city that little to no earthquakes happening there have buildings that are earthquake proof? it's easy to say "not to get panties up in a bunch" when you live here, and especially those who live in very tall buildings, that will shake ALOT and I thought the building was going to fall down.

Edited by Ryan<3

that is where you are wrong.

The hell is a "earthquake proof building"?

basically everything you just said about va made me rofl.

i dont mean to come off as an ass or a ****, so donttake anything personally

DC is similar to NY,NY. New york city is big yeah, but not all of New York is. if new york wasnt extreme popular-fast paced area, the buildings would be the same as VA....we still have extremely tall and large buildings so dont think new york is a one-of-a-kind plac with the only tall buildings in the world :P

yeah, that stuff is scary, but its happened in large cities like new york before....people lose all their common sense after the quake and started crashing on the highway on their way home here in va lol....i think the crashes from people comin home has done more damage than the quake itself did