Social Networking Forum?

Chuckun

Ok so I have *THE* perfect domain name for a social networking forum. (Discussion of the existing and upcoming social networking sites - and obviously some integration and ability to ask for pc4pc etc etc)

I need ideas for what I could actually do to make such a forum interesting to people?

So far my ideas list is limited. But I do have ideas which will keep people coming back.. But I need more!

Could anyone suggest ideas to me? I need to finally get this show on the road!

Chuckun

EDIT: I know it sounds like a pretty lame idea but not if you think about it - so many different aspects of social networking exist, ie: general home users, business promotion (there are so many methods), website populating, etc..) there's lots to be discussed and questioned on a social networking forum.

If you want people to come to your site, you need to provide them something that makes it worth going there. I don't know if I got your idea right but maybe these are some useful impulses..

Maybe you should allow people to make their own Section where they can talk in their group. Thinking of fans of a football club who don't want to have fans of their rivals in the forum.

One thing I never did on my own but seems to be quite common nowadays is couch surfing. I don't know how this site works but maybe you can link to that with some discussions and evaluations. (Don't know if this exists though..)

It could be interesting to have discussions of "the perfect job hearing" or so when you have people who are looking for a job and personnel directors. Providing example job applications and stuff might make people take a look on them.

Not sure if any of this is helping you, usually I am not very good in stuff like this. Maybe this post is only there to *bump* the thread ;)

Good luck with your idea anyways

• Administrators

Rebuilding myspace? Before we give you any ideas, we need to know what our cut would be. Ideas are not free. Anything bellow 51 percent or we are not interested.

Rebuilding myspace? Before we give you any ideas, we need to know what our cut would be. Ideas are not free. Anything bellow 51 percent or we are not interested.

LoL! you're the Masta!!

MySpace is dead, right?

Myspace is somewhat dead. Still has users but its nothing. If you want to do a social networking what kind of people do you want to bring in? Little kids who use social networking for pathetic reasons or something more sophisticated. I would agree on the sports side. Where people can crate their own sub forum for their sport talk.

domain name doesn't mean anything... you think the ceo of "google.com" thought that it was a bad ass domain name when they found it? lol

sounds like facebook... sorry to burst bubble but don't waste your time and get a new idea.

Thanks for the ideas Gubbi :) I'll look into them :D

domain name doesn't mean anything... you think the ceo of "google.com" thought that it was a bad ass domain name when they found it? lol

sounds like facebook... sorry to burst bubble but don't waste your time and get a new idea.

Re-read my post properly :P I'm not making a social network, I'm making a discussion / help forum based on social networking ;)

• Administrators

Thanks for the ideas Gubbi :) I'll look into them :D

Re-read my post properly :P I'm not making a social network, I'm making a discussion / help forum based on social networking ;)

Already been done click here.