• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

[email protected]

[email protected]

The hobbit that tastes so good inside a panini !

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:4
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:[email protected]
Hey there guys/girls!
I've been playing regularly on the Jay1 server and it's been great fun meeting new people and having some fun again! I was after playing yesterday on the server and decided to change some of my sound commands on my config, so after testing it out on another server I attempted to join the Jay1 server to play and got through with no problems the first time but it was very laggy for me so I disconnected and tried again later that night and was waiting and waiting and waiting until I found out ET crashed and wouldn't respond. I went to a few others servers to see if it was just the FA server I couldn't get into but I was able to get onto a few other servers with no problems. I don't understand what is the problem so if someone could help me somehow I would be very grateful! I just want to come back playing again :( I checked my ET folders and there's no TMP files either so thats one thing I'm after ruling out. I deleted a good few pk3s that werent in use also

Regards,
[email protected]

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

ladykris

ladykris

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 259 posts
On the road to fame
Oh no! get it fixed and come back! Sorry I am no help :/ Not technological.

JohnWayne

JohnWayne

L4: Apprentice

• Regular User
  • 500 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:3
  • Server:None
PB up to date?

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
I'm after updating PB there which seemed to work for now! Thanks a lot JohnWayne :)

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
Hi, still getting the same problem when trying to connect since about 10 minutes ago.. It freezes when the map is 100 percent loaded and I have to go to task manager to close it because nothing is happening.. PB is up to date and yet I can't connect to FA but I can connect to other servers. Can anyone help me?

PiaNist

PiaNist

L7: Teacher

• Inactive Member
  • 1,037 posts
Has a spectacular aura
  • Admin:14
  • T-M:ET: 2-0
hi! can you put your config to its previuos setting ( before you change your sound commands) or default config then connect again to server .....just to check if changing sound command has nothing to do with it..... :hmm

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
Hey Pianist, I have tried what you have said above but to no avail, it is just the same thing as before with the screen freezing and having to close via task manager. I have a good feeling it has to do with the vsay commands but after removing them and execing a different cfg, it doesnt seem to do anything but cause problems :(

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
Hey guys still having problems all day with it, tried all my configs to see if it helped but to no avail. The only server I can't connect to is F|A Recruiting which is my usual server. I can connect to other F|A servers but not this one. I said this to a few people I know and they said about reinstalling ET.. is that really necessary for not connecting to just one server?

JoeDirt

JoeDirt

L11: Assassin

• Administrators
  • 5,290 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:21
Go to some other server /exec etconfig.cfg to load default cfg, connect to jay1 and execute your cfg.

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
Hi Joe, I can exec my config on another server with no problems, the problem is connecting to jay1 which I don't understand. This is as far as I get Posted Image and I can't even enter the server :(

Edited by [email protected], 16 August 2011 - 08:40 PM.

sinA* <3 Padme*Amidala

sinA* <3 Padme*Amidala

L5: Journeyman

• Regular User
  • 633 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias::R*X:PADME, sinA

Donator

When you start your ET, do you load your CFG before you connect to a Server?

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
Nope I don't, I only load it every now and again after updating some vsays but that's about it. Epic said that maybe it's the graphics card so will try update drivers

sinA* <3 Padme*Amidala

sinA* <3 Padme*Amidala

L5: Journeyman

• Regular User
  • 633 posts
Getting Better
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias::R*X:PADME, sinA

Donator

Update Graphic Card can work, but i know many others where things got worse. Make sure you have a recovery point, if it dont work that way.
Since i while i also have strange problems with my CFG. Yesterday i installed et again, put the most r_settings off my cfg and now it works.
ET graphic is low for me now, but if it makes me not crash anymore lol i dont care.

[email protected]

[email protected]

• Regular User
  • 2,884 posts
On the road to fame
I decided to reinstall in hope of fixing the problem and it seemed to work. I'll keep an eye on if it happens again and fix some of the cfg r_settings if it happens again, Thanks all for the help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users