How do these guys get hits when they're crosshairs aren't even close to people???

=Death Hunter=

When I follow some players I see that when playing they collect hits when they're crosshairs aren't even close to the other players. In ET. I can say I don't get half the hits these guys get when my crosshairs are dead on. How does that work?

I take it these are also the guys that can drop you in 3 hits from say an MP40 all the way across a map?

and also, does XP help this? Say if I 300,000 XP would I be scoring these hits? Does it make my aim any better than at the 30,000 XP I'm at now?

When you have all "stars" on Light veapon then xp have nothing to do with your aim. Thats normal that when u "spec" follow some players it looks like they are shoting be side of enemy but they are hiting.Same with me. But on their screen they are hiting into enemy not be side and all looks normaly ;)

It is all caused by lag, you see things different on your computer than they do in their. Also, well aiming thru the whole map is depending on how much you pratice. Real pros can kill you across the whole map with only a few bullet(more than 3)

3 headshots = kill. far range - few more hs. If you can't hit from a far range, crounch, then shot. ;)

• Clan Friend

When I follow some players I see that when playing they collect hits when they're crosshairs aren't even close to the other players. In ET. I can say I don't get half the hits these guys get when my crosshairs are dead on. How does that work?

I take it these are also the guys that can drop you in 3 hits from say an MP40 all the way across a map?

and also, does XP help this? Say if I 300,000 XP would I be scoring these hits? Does it make my aim any better than at the 30,000 XP I'm at now?

answers:

1. when you spec someone, you don't see what they see, so the higher their ping the more you see them aiming off target, even if they were aiming well. if you record a demo of yourself you see this thing too for your own aim, I spare you the nerdy technical info about this, because I said it already in other posts.

2. if you crouch you can be more accurate, because the randomness of bullets is lower. Still bullets are random (there is a minimum threshold so spread is never 0) but the randomness is not so high, and if you are lucky and aim well you can give 3hs from far far away and even more than 3 if your enemy doesn't move, especially with sten.

3. xp doesn't help, well aside from the slightly lower spread you have when you have 3 stars in light weapons, which is not much. If you have 3 stars (5 in jaymod) for light weapons you can't improve further even if you have 34342983248989 xp. The rest is skill (shooting first and precision) and good internet. When you get all the stars you can have, any extra xp gain is pointless.

Hope that his explains you some things.

Also sometimes when im follow somone with MG42 then it look like he is shoting thru the wall and kill people. I was thinking that its walhack before hahahaha. but is just lagg or something like that :)

Also sometimes when im follow somone with MG42 then it look like he is shoting thru the wall and kill people. I was thinking that its walhack before hahahaha. but is just lagg or something like that

sometimes thats possible. when you lay down at a corner with mg you can shoot through the corner of the wall :P actually unfair because the opponent cant see you clearly.

also dont forget at longer range you will need more bullets because they do less damage

at long range, it doesnt matter if you shoot a headshot or not, because headshot and normal shot do almost same damage! (only at long range)

• Clan Friend

Also sometimes when im follow somone with MG42 then it look like he is shoting thru the wall and kill people. I was thinking that its walhack before hahahaha. but is just lagg or something like that :)

I think it's because mg42's point of view is slightly different than spectator pov, it's not lag it's just a spectator bug.

@Death Hunter:

I would like to add a couple of tips, if you want to hit better, (these things are known to everyone, but from your question I guess that you are a beginner, so a little review won't hurt):

1. Make sure you are really aiming right (might seem a lol answer, but sometimes in a fight we get into 'autopilot mode' and we aim without concentrating too much, having the impression that we are aiming well, while instead we are sucking), so pay attention to your aim and don't play too much relaxed.

2. if you shoot for a long time while standing, then your random bullet spread will be higher, so crouch every now and then, to keep it low. You don't need to stay crouched all the time, just tapping C a bit will do the trick. To test this, you can try to set /cg_crosshairpulse 1 in the game console, you will see your xhair getting bigger the more random your bullets are. Try to keep it small, or you might miss all hits even if you are aiming perfectly.

2b. stop shooting if you see that you are obviously off target. Release your button if you are totally off, to save bullets and reduce weapon spread. Notice that I don't recommend to fire in short bursts if you are aiming well, because it's silly imho. But If you see that you are hitting nothing and aiming 100km from the target, don't keep shooting, and maybe try to hide behind a corner and attack again. In other words: don't spray bullets blindly like a nub, or your random spread will go very high in no time.

And check your accuracy, I would say for normal severs (no fast shooting, and possibly etpro and no afks or nubs around) 50 = pro, 40 = ok, 30 = noob, 20 = player using a broken trackpad with his foot.

If you get under 36 you are in trouble (well if you prefire a lot, then your accuracy will be worse and you can still be good so pro players don't flame :) I know that this is generic)

3. Try to hit *first*. And possibly hit the head once the fight starts. This because when you're under fire you hit less, for some game 'bugs' and because if you don't headshot at once it's harder to do it later with all the random bullets (see point 2.)

4. You need to learn where to aim, that is the spot which will give you the higher chance of giving the highest damage, this will change with your enemy distance, animation, etc. don't ask me which spot it is because I suck myself sometimes, but for example if a player is very far and you know that your spread is already high you might want to aim a little lower, etc. these are the 'tricks of the trade' and certainly players who are better than me know this more than I do, but you have to experiment.

Just one hint, play on pro mod server, when u good there then good also other mods. Pro has bit different hit boxes (harder to hit).

Masa

Thanks guys. I don't do to bad. I never got into the crouching habit though. I been tryin to. I have a bad habit of jumping to and that gets me killed alot too lol

Great forums guys.

I used to tear it up about 7 years ago!!! Gotta get it back hahaha

• 2 weeks later...

I've thought about this before too, and well i came out with my own conclusion... ET appears to me to be a realistic game... for example. there's a reason for "crossfire pulse" you cant be too much of a "trigger happy" person because if you hold your trigger for too long your bullets are shooting all over the place not at your target (realistically) ..btw im open for critics i feel it lol. and back to your topic i believe if the person( the enemy ) is running side by side trying to dodge your bullets realistically if you are shooting straight ahead it takes about some time ( depending on range) to hit the person so if the person falls back to that area where youre shooting straight and you arent shooting there anymore but appear to shooting no where near, those bullets that took a while to reach there hit the person. now that i think about it, its just common sense. lol

ps: hope this helped a bit