I NEED AMMO!

LaTe

I am hopefully gonna by a glock 22 by the end of this month, so it made me a bit curious to what other have and how they like it. Some pics would be nice to if you got some, right now i just have a 12 gauge mossberg, nothing special or i would put a pic. I miss my glock though, pretty excited to be getting one again. Hopefully no one breaks into my apartment and takes this one. Or maybe this time i'll be here and get to use it not loose it :P

I am hopefully gonna by a glock 22 by the end of this month, so it made me a bit curious to what other have and how they like it. Some pics would be nice to if you got some, right now i just have a 12 gauge mossberg, nothing special or i would put a pic. I miss my glock though, pretty excited to be getting one again. Hopefully no one breaks into my apartment and takes this one. Or maybe this time i'll be here and get to use it not loose it :P

Glock 22's are really nice. Lots of firepower. I'm looking at getting a S&W M&P9 5" Pro for gun games like in IDPA. You can never go wrong with a glock though. I would probably get a .40 or .45 but for my next gun being for games and the cost of ammo it will be a 9.

I recently bought this .223/5.56 DPMS AR15. It has a primary arms m4 style red dot and hogue rubber grips. I have a magpul vertical foregrip but I'm trying to decide if its worth spending the extra and getting a free float rail or just going with a plastic magpul hand grip. I've shot 200 rounds through it so far and no jams or anything like that. It's a pretty awesome system.

img3157c.jpg

Kinda fail shot because I could not get the camera to focus on the red dot while holding the gun and the camera LoL. Ill try again later.

img3163tj.jpg

OMG Tulsa, it's a real gun? Aren't you scared about if someone interrupt at your house and could use it against you?

I would rather have something in case someone breaks in while I'm there than have nothing. That rifle is definitely not the best self defense weapon, but its fun and eventually I will get a gun safe.

I just bought a hand gun .380 great round small enough not to cost alot big enough you dont wanna get shot by it.Plus the gun is small enough for my wife to handle. and the price I paid isn't bad either. brand new gun with 50 rds. 175 bucks now its no wheres near as nice as the 22 is but its cheap and fun to play with. as for that AR you have their you got a price tag for it? and how much was the red dot as well?

It makes me wonder why on earth you would need one. In what kind of neighbourhood do you live? Isn't a bat or even a loud voice enough, or just hit them. Does OK stand for Oklahoma?

as for that AR you have their you got a price tag for it? and how much was the red dot as well?

I got my AR from http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/index.php and had it shipped to a local store. It's easy to do. If there is an already pre-approved shop in your area is extremely easy. It's a DPMS Oracle. The price is not much more than a nice glock. I did spend alot on equipment like cleaning solvent/lube/brushes, ammo, eye and ear protection. The PMC bullets I bought were more than 9mm's but less than 45's and probably even .40's.

I bought those from cheaperthandirt.com The red dot is from http://primaryarms.com/ It is a replica of a $500 Aim Point sight that is less than a 1/5th the price. The only difference is the battery life. Mine will "only" last 3500 hrs on a lithium AA. A real Aim Point will last 50,000 hours.

It makes me wonder why on earth you would need one. In what kind of neighbourhood do you live? Isn't a bat or even a loud voice enough, or just hit them. Does OK stand for Oklahoma?

This is really a fun range gun and not for defensive purposes. KingCampers .380 sounds small enough to conceal and to be used as a good protective weapon. But we like our guuuuns in Oklahoma. I figured I should probably go ahead and get one just incase the prices rise significantly, or the rest of the US adopts California's lame gun laws. My neighborhood isn't bad.

img9067e.jpg

A little 8-9shot challange against my GF first time we took it out shooting and got the red dot dialed in. My grouping on the left and hers on the right. 25 yards in an indoor range. :)

Tulsa is in Oklahoma, and is one of the southern states (generally more Republican).

I think 'we' Western Europeans won't understand the use of a gun at home. In the USA, you are allowed protect your life (and property?) whatever it takes --- including deadly force --- and get combined with the Second Amendment: right of the people to keep and bear arms. Since everyone can get a gun, defending yourself is easier if you have a gun too. In the Netherlands (or most of Europe), everyone is given equal chances with less deadly weapons (deadly weapons are simply not allowed, e.g. guns).

The problem is that some a$$holes here can still get a gun. I love a test in Brussels once, some high Belgium guy: "you can't get a gun here". Journalist did a 2 hour research: 600E for an unmarked AK-47, 50% off if you buy a dozen :P. But if you're up against those guy's, you seriously have a problem if you have a dozen AK-47 plus owners invading your home. Doesn't matter if you're then in Europe or the USA.

I personally think it's stupid to allow guns, but the USA can not get rid of it even if they wanted it, thanks to the untouchability of the (second) amendment(s). Aw well, guns are still awesome, but not in my backyard :P

Tulsa that is a nice damn gun bro, real nice. My little sister has a modded AR, shoots real nice, alot of fun :)

Papito and Raveshaw, my saying for guns is "Its better to have it and not need it, then to need it and not have it" :) I dont live in a bad neighborhood either....but bad people generally arent going to rob each other. They are going to rob the hard working americans that have something worth taking......Trust me i know. :X

King Camper, that .380 sounds nice, i want to find something my girlfriend will be comforable shooting. I started her out on my glock .22, guess that wasnt the best of ideas, but thats what i started out on so.....ya.

ROFL Look at my saying about guns ^ ;) Have you ever seen the movie "Law Abiding Citizen", that is something will glady risk my life to prevent. That will never happen to me, because i own a gun, but its not only for that. I have alot of fun shooting the glock and would like to maybe on day shoot competitivly. Another thing too, here in Texas you can have a gun on you in public, as long as it isnt visible. Walkin around in public with a gun gives you the ability to do alot more than just kill someone robbing a place, i heard a story the other day about a youngster getting attack by a pitbull. There happen to be a regular guy around that had a pistol on him (legally) and the guy was able to rush over there and kill the pitbull. Child lived. People who want to harm or kill someone dont need a gun to do it, but since its out there i think its only fair that the good people have something to fight back with.

Well, I have *never* encountered a moment that I needed a gun, nor have I met someone in real life that needed a gun. And to quote the law of the instrument: "It is tempting, if the only tool you have is a hammer, to treat everything as if it were a nail." There are always exceptions, reading the news gives a few, and your pit bull example is a good example. However I doubt that only those good examples will be solved decently with a gun, I think 'enough' problems which could be solved without a gun, will be solved with a gun.

I do not judge you in any way for owning/carrying a gun, but carrying a gun at the street doesn't make me feel any safer. Moreover, the feeling that guy who's passing by me is carrying a gun, makes me less safe. But that is depending on where you live. Not the neighborhood, but the city/state/country. Luckily, although my city is one of the most dangerous in the Netherlands, with about 1 murder per year it isn't that bad. Only theft and breaking and entering is something I might worry about, but a gun wouldn't solve it.

Ow btw, my parents named me Rolf (but I like lowercase), not rofl :P

Rolf pretty much hit the nail on the head.

But... If i was going to conceal carry it would be something like a Glock 30. Smaller 45 with 10 rounds.

http://slickguns.com/product/glock-30sf-pistol-black-dao-45-acp-378-10-rd-fixed-51399-free-shipping

Have you looked at the XDm's Late? http://www.the-m-factor.com/html/thestandards.html They are pretty sweet. I'd get one if it was allowed to shoot in the production class of the IDPA leagues. Glock's are nice. There isnt a better gun between them, just which one you prefer. Holds one more than a glock 22 and is $518 at Jet Guns right now.

external_23a.jpg

I LOVE the bitone one:

attachment.php?attachmentid=526177&stc=1&d=1273608406

i heard a story the other day about a youngster getting attack by a pitbull. There happen to be a regular guy around that had a pistol on him (legally) and the guy was able to rush over there and kill the pitbull.

When will the owners of said pitbull be shot? Dogs aren't born bad. People make them that way.

As for me, I don't own any real guns. My first purchase, as much as I'd love a Benelli, will probably just be a Mossberg 535, or something similar. :)

rolf, first sorry man about the misreading your name....no pun intedned. Also you make a good point, and i am glad you have never needed a gun, plus hope you never do. :)

Tulsa - No i havent look into those much, always been a glock fanatic. I will check them out tho, they look nice as hell

John Wayne......DEAR GOD MAN, lol. Nice set, and no FOPS in sight, yet :P

Anti LOL@ shoot the owner. I agree with you a 100percent about people make dogs bad. Unfortunately when you make a pit bad, your creating a pretty dangerous weapon, i've had a pit though and he was a good gentle dog.

• 2 weeks later...

I received my new Magpul handguard and I was able to mount the vertical grip. Pretty excited about it. Stability unlock lol :) I also colored in the safe and fire on the safety selector.

img3180ev.jpg

Late, Did you get your glock 20? They have a couple deals on them on www.slickguns.com

Used Gen3 $349

New for $463