anyone play any instruments?

kristy

lol you can tell i'm pretty bored...

so anyone play any instruments?

i do... two of them, i used to play another, and i'm starting another, if you can call it an instrument. i started playing piano when i was four, and now i've been playing for about nine years. well, i'm trying to not brag, but i was considered a minor prodigy in music, so i went a lot further in music than many people of my level can play. i started playing violin about four years ago, and i'm considered a prodigy in that too...lol, music is my strong point. and i played cello for about three months, but i quit. hated it.

i sound nerdy, don't i? well, prepare for more nerdiness. i'm starting on voice lessons pretty soon. i have a nice mezzo-soprano (YES I AM A GIRL), so i'm starting on that. :D

hehe well when god gives you talents, you use them!

sorry if i sound like i'm bragging...i'm just curious about who plays what instrument and to see if anyone plays the same instruments as me.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol you can tell i'm pretty bored....

not thought to say anything bad about yourself because you barely know, but thanks for making this post, you're bored

LOL im playing at my parents Nerves :)

well... I play rockband... does that count?? ROFL

OMG, you really makes me happy and know how make me laugh!!!!

Started playing piano at 5

Saxophone at 10

Guitar at 12

Tuba at 16

I got offered a few vocal scholarships as well, I was a vocal production major my freshman year of college. Just couldn't stand music majors.

• Administrators

Learned:

Piano @ 4yr

Mostly Classical, Baroque, and Rag-time. I got beaten to death by my parents for this damn instrument for they wanted me to play Listz, Chopin, Mozart, Beethoven, Schuman, Bach, Shubert, and I can't think of anymore off the top of my head. Man did they kick my ass throwing me to play at events and recitals.

Saxophone @ 8

Mostly Jazz, some rag-time, and modern symphony. Danny Elfman was my favorite for saxophone parts.

Trombone @ 11

Mostly Jazz, rag-time, some marching bands, and modern symphony. I had to admit, playing the theme to Nickelodeon's "You Can't do that on Television" with a trombone hits the spot! Also playing John William's contemporary symphonic music such as Jurassic Park and Star War's musical score with trombone was the best. Ragtime with a trombone = LOUD

Groups I played: Jazzband, and advanced band, and some mishmash group in college. Otherwise, I don't consider myself a prodigy for these instruments. Just wanted to expand my abilities, and it's safe to say I am not tone deaf!! :lol:

Next Project: Zeusaphone.