upgradeing pc components

pedrorocks uk

Hello yep,

for the ram you will needto know the model of your motherboard, and the rams you already have in ( providd you don't want to throw all of them out.

as for the graphic card, as long as you don't dual wield, all you need to pay attention to is the socket and your power supply. The model number of your motherboard will tell us the socket type which will be most likely PCI-express, the PSU is a bit trickier ofcourse.

What kind of psu do you have what components do you have in your pc?

Which one of these: Dell Dimension E510, 5150 or 5100 ?

Hey you will need DDR2 ram wth maximum 400 /533 mhz buy them in pair to the maximum of 4 gigabytes. It means make sure you have 2 of the same.

you have a PCI-E slot so basically almost all the newer cards fit into it just make sure it's pci-E.

Edited by Robinson_Curseur

Which one of these: Dell Dimension E510, 5150 or 5100 ?

Hey you will need DDR2 ram wth maximum 400 /533 mhz buy them in pair to the maximum of 4 gigabytes. It means make sure you have 2 of the same.

you have a PCI-E slot so basically almost all the newer cards fit into it just make sure it's pci-E.

If it requires 400 or 533, then 667 or 800 is also good. Since DDR2 is getting fased out, you probably won't take it to a following computer. If you have to guess, pick at least 533. In CPU-Z (from the link of DJ), it is also stated in Bus-speed and Rated FSB. The minimum is twice the bus speed, or half the rated FSB :)

For new graphics card, every PCI-e card should indeed fit. However, Dell has the weird behaviour (like all other PC builders as HP, Acer, etc), to use a non-default power supply. Make sure, before you buy the card, that the power supply is sufficient. I guess that a dual-gpu card will not work. There are two things you need to check, the maximum output (300W I guess), and if there is a 6pins GPU wire. PCI-e supports up to 75W over the bus, but if you need more, there is a 6pins plug to deliver that power. It should look like this. If it is not there, you'll probably not be able to get a high-end card (since you only have 75W available, which isn't _that_ much). And I guess this is the case, but check first :)

in other words, your motherboard can only provide 75 watts of energy to your graphic card which might require more, in order to get more juice, you will need a direct access from the power supply - the six pin cord -

And yes, your factory installed PSU has 300 Watts which is ... not too much in the first place.

i saw on otherforums that an ATI 4670 4770 would be feasible for you. On the other hand i would just spare more an buy a new computer startig from motherboard and psu

in other words, your motherboard can only provide 75 watts of energy to your graphic card which might require more, in order to get more juice, you will need a direct access from the power supply - the six pin cord -

And yes, your factory installed PSU has 300 Watts which is ... not too much in the first place.

i saw on otherforums that an ATI 4670 4770 would be feasible for you. On the other hand i would just spare more an buy a new computer startig from motherboard and psu

i have been told building your on pc is a lot better than buying one,but as you can guess i wouldnt know what components to use but putting it all together would not be a problem at all

Well, let us help you out, i presume you want a gaming rig, how much Ł would you spend on it?

google has just crawled this topic, our words are immortalized

Edited by Robinson_Curseur