Is ETPUB becoming really laggy for anyone else?

F257

I'm not really sure reinstalling ET will fix your problems.

Much like Dare said, all of those programs running in your tray (lower right hand side of your monitor screen) are just eating up system resources. I noticed your getting lag spikes in your screen shots. Making sure to close/disable as many unneeded processes as possible will likely cut down on the amount of lag your experiencing and result in better game play.

Also keeping with Dare's suggestion of updating your graphics driver and your directX version is a good idea. Sometimes you can see a noticeable increase in FPS with certain driver updates. It won't be anything outrageous (like double your FPS, unless your still getting 5FPS, lol) but you can occasionally see a difference.

Defragging your hard drive can sometimes be helpful, especially if you download/delete alot of programs or edit video. It can cause your drive to become fragmented, increasing the amount of time it takes for the hard drive to find all of the information on the platters since it's strewn about. I would recommend a boot-time error check prior to defragmenting. I've had the unfortunate experience of having a defrag crash mid way through, basically causing me to lose a majority of my data on the drive. It's very rare, but it can happen.

Lastly, if you know your way around a computer a bit, you can click on your windows button, select RUN and type services.msc to see a list of services your computer is using. With any install of an OS, I turn off/disable everything I know I won't use (if I'm not sure about it, and it's enabled, then I figure it's probably better to leave it running).

If you want to find out what type of drive you are running, and you haven't opened your computer then an easy way to find out is simply click on the windows button, right click on "My Computer" and select "Properties".

This will bring up your system properties. Select the tab labled "Hardware" and then select "Device Manager". Here's probably a simplified explanation of this same process

Microsoft Windows XP and 2000 users

1. On the desktop right-click on My Computer and click Properties or open the Control Panel and double-click the System icon.
  2. In the System Properties window click the Hardware tab.
  3. In the Hardware tab click the Device Manager button.

or

1. Click Start
  2. Click Settings
  3. Click Control Panel
  4. In the Control Panel double-click the Systems icon.
  5. In the System Properties window click the Hardware tab.
  6. In the Hardware tab click the Device Manager button.

Once inside, just follow these instructions http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/usin ... cemgr.mspx

Good luck.

• Administrators
I can tweak his config if you like Dare. Im gonna have quite a bit of time tomorrow and i'll take a look at it.

You don't need my permission/liking/disliking to help anyone. Any help provided to anyone is always good. ;)

I can tweak his config if you like Dare. Im gonna have quite a bit of time tomorrow and i'll take a look at it.

You don't need my permission/liking/disliking to help anyone. Any help provided to anyone is always good. ;)

:D

I just asked since it was you who mentioned it, that's all.

Also, you can still tweak down your config from the one you posted. I will do it by this weekend.

Hobbit offering to do instead of you?

echo "^2Welcome to the ^7=^1F^7|^1A^7= ^1Clan."

set name ^7=^1F^7|^1A^7= ^1F^7257

unbind capslock 

seta r_drawsun "0"
seta r_picmip "3"
seta r_lodBias "2"
seta r_lodCurveError "60"
seta r_roundImagesDown "1"
seta r_fastSky "1"
seta r facePlaneCull "0"
seta r_detailTextures "0"
seta r_textureMode "CL_NEAREST"
seta r_mode "4"
seta r_subdivisions "999"
seta r_lodscale "5"
seta r_lodcurveerror "250"
seta r_stencilbits "0"
seta r_colorbits "16"
seta r_texturebits "16"
seta r_gamma "3"
seta r_simpleMipMaps "0"
seta r_Dipslayrefresh "85" //must be set at the same hz as your monitor
seta r_intensity "1.5"
seta r_ignorehwgamma "1"
seta r_overBrightBits "2"
seta r_mapoverbrightbits "3"
seta r_subdivisions "20"

seta cg_wolfparticles "0"
seta cg_atmosphereffects "0"
seta cg_shadows "0"
seta cg_marktime "10000"
seta cg_gibs "0"
seta cg_coronas "0"
seta cg_gibs "0"
seta cg_brassTime "0"

seta cg_bobup "0"
seta cg_bobpitch "0"
seta cg_bobroll "0"
seta cg_runpitch "0"
seta cg_runroll "0"

seta cg_showblood "0"
seta cg_bloodFlash "0"
seta cg_predictitems "0"
seta cg_noAmmoAutoSwitch "1"
seta cg_autoreload "1"
seta cg_autoactivate "1"
seta cl_doubletapdelay "0"
seta b_mapzoom "5"
seta cg_autoAction "0"
seta cg_drawgun "1"
seta b_hitsounds "1"
seta b_shovesounds "1"
seta b_goatsound "1"
seta cg_muzzleFlash "0"

cg_fov "90"
seta cl_maxpackets "30"
com_hunkMegs "100"
seta com_maxfps 76

seta cg_teamChatHeight "8"
seta cg_teamChatTime "90000"

set chat0 "echo ^dChat ^1OFF; seta cg_noVoiceChats 1; set chat vstr chat1"
set chat1 "echo ^dChat ^2ON; seta cg_noVoiceChats 0; set chat vstr chat0"
set chat "vstr chat0"
bind "f8" "vstr chat"

set fov "cg_fov 90 ; set fovtoggle vstr 100; echo ^s Field of view set at ^u90!!!"
set 100 "cg_fov 100 ; set fovtoggle vstr 105; echo ^s Field of view set ^u100!!!"
set 105 "cg_fov 105 ; set fovtoggle vstr fov ; echo ^s Field of view set ^u105!!!"
set fovtoggle "vstr fov"
bind f5 "vstr fovtoggle"

set vol00 "set s_volume 0.0;set voldown vstr vol00;set volup vstr vol01;echo ^sVolume ^rMute!++++++"
set vol01 "set s_volume 0.1;set voldown vstr vol00;set volup vstr vol02;echo ^sVolume ^s-^21^s+++++++++"
set vol02 "set s_volume 0.2;set voldown vstr vol01;set volup vstr vol03;echo ^sVolume ^s--^22^s++++++++"
set vol03 "set s_volume 0.3;set voldown vstr vol02;set volup vstr vol04;echo ^sVolume ^s---^23^s+++++++"
set vol04 "set s_volume 0.4;set voldown vstr vol03;set volup vstr vol05;echo ^sVolume ^s----^54^s++++++"
set vol05 "set s_volume 0.5;set voldown vstr vol04;set volup vstr vol06;echo ^sVolume ^5----<5>++++"
set vol06 "set s_volume 0.6;set voldown vstr vol05;set volup vstr vol07;echo ^sVolume ^s------^56^s++++"
set vol07 "set s_volume 0.7;set voldown vstr vol06;set volup vstr vol08;echo ^sVolume ^s-------^q7^s+++"
set vol08 "set s_volume 0.8;set voldown vstr vol07;set volup vstr vol09;echo ^sVolume ^s--------^q8^s++"
set vol09 "set s_volume 0.9;set voldown vstr vol08;set volup vstr vol10;echo ^sVolume ^s---------^q9^s+"
set vol10 "set s_volume 1.0;set voldown vstr vol09;set volup vstr vol10;echo ^sVolume ^q-------MAX!"
set volup vstr vol05
set voldown vstr vol05
bind "f4" "vstr volup"
bind "f3" "vstr voldown"

set crosshr "vstr crosshaircolor0"
set crosshaircolor0 "cg_crosshairColorAlt black;echo ^pBLACK!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor1"
set crosshaircolor1 "cg_crosshairColorAlt red;echo ^qRED!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor2"
set crosshaircolor2 "cg_crosshairColorAlt green;echo ^rGREEN!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor3"
set crosshaircolor3 "cg_crosshairColorAlt yellow;echo ^SYELLOW!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor4"
set crosshaircolor4 "cg_crosshairColorAlt blue;echo ^tBLUE!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor5"
set crosshaircolor5 "cg_crosshairColorAlt cyan;echo ^5CYAN!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor6"
set crosshaircolor6 "cg_crosshairColorAlt magenta;echo ^vMAGENTA!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor7"
set crosshaircolor7 "cg_crosshairColorAlt white;echo ^7WHITE!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor8"
set crosshaircolor8 "cg_crosshairColorAlt orange;echo ^xORANGE!!!!; set crosshr vstr crosshaircolor0"
bind f6 "vstr crosshr"

set volmute "set s_volume 0.0"
set vollevel "set s_volume 0.3"
set mute "vstr volmute"
set unmute "vstr vollevel"
bind ctrl "+vstr mute unmute"

set tks "vsay FTAttack ^1ATTACK!!!!
bind "n" vstr tks

set manana "vsay Affirmative ^1That Is Soooo Right!
bind "a" vstr manana

set banana "vsay Negative ^1NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
bind "z" vstr banana

This is pretty much most of the cvars that should help. The seta r_Dipslayrefresh is set to 85 but that should be set at exactly the same hz as your monitor. This should give you a small boost to your FPS.

lol wow did not expect this much help :P:thanks

Hmm..atempted fresh install (keeping profile, et key and cfg) and then disabled Avast and firewall ; turned off as much as i dared ....hmm fps still flucatiing betwenn 15-50 fps (normaly 15 to 30) but seemed to be running much smoother; much smoother than the last month anyhow when it became laggier . but i think thats as good as its going to get sans a new pc

still have no idea what type my drive is sorry and thanks for offering to tweak my cfg :) but i dont ruse it that much tbh

if i have some spare time i ll look into defragging my pc. i know it takes my pc a fair few hours to do

Edit - no apperntly the newness was a lie. oh dear .

• Administrators
l

still have no idea what type my drive is sorry and thanks for offering to tweak my cfg :) but i dont ruse it that much tbh

Without config u got to play with 15 fps :P

Use r_mode 4 and config to get at least stable 30 fps or so.

Your onboard graphics card can't render anything more then r_mode 4.

• Administrators

Use low resolution config and stop using hard drive/cpu intensive softwares while playing game is the only way out.

• Administrators

also u should also disable most of the software that runs on windows startup, it just eats at your cpu/ram for no real purpose, do to that click Start select run and type msconfig and click on startup and disable it there, or you can go to each program and uncheck run at windows startup since u have a celron processor its something i would highly recommend u do

lol etpub has seem to be getting worser this past month.

incidently i can run itunes and firefox and play Jaymod 2 pretty damm well. FPS stable round 30 even on big maps like Eygpt and theres not as much frames skipping as in etpub, pretty smooth actually . so j2 > etpub lol :P

(hopw i havent just cursed myself :P)