• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Enemy Territory GUID Public View

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Krauersaut

Krauersaut

L9: Master

• Regular User
  • 2,228 posts
I am just really nice
  • Server:None
Contributor

Question, I know with SGA access you can check any GUID clean or not on MPI. With this new feature will those without SGA access be able to do quick search of say GUID with a ban? For example if I have a PPBAN and I click on my Guid will it show?

No. You could have tried out by simply logging out of your SGA account.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
  • Admin:19
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:=F|A=TeaAndScones
Contributor

No. You could have tried out by simply logging out of your SGA account.

In reference to his idea though, a simple edit to the user post template file (i dont know it for IPB), in form of

if ($user_admin >= "13") { 
// link to full GUID search
} else {
// link to standard GUID search
}

Could be an idea.. Or is there a CAPTCHA requirement? I don't remember..

Krauersaut

Krauersaut

L9: Master

• Regular User
  • 2,228 posts
I am just really nice
  • Server:None
Contributor

In reference to his idea though, a simple edit to the user post template file (i dont know it for IPB), in form of

if ($user_admin >= "13") { 
// link to full GUID search
} else {
// link to standard GUID search
}

Could be an idea.. Or is there a CAPTCHA requirement? I don't remember..

And how would it know if the respective user is SGA?

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

And how would it know if the respective user is SGA?

Well, there's no way of us knowing which of our fellow clan friends etc are SGA, but as far as our own admins go, I believe level 13+ are granted access? Hence the user_admin greater than or equal to 13 part ;)

Meh.. its not hard to do a separate search at pbbans anyway if you have full access.. So probably not worth the effort either way. >.<

Scream

Scream

L10: Grand Master

• Leader
  • 4,167 posts
Is a bearer of wisdom
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:=F|A=Cpt.Awesome?!
  • Steam ID:STEAM_1:1:54794467
  • T-M:ET: 21-14
    CS: 2-0
Contributor

Well, there's no way of us knowing which of our fellow clan friends etc are SGA, but as far as our own admins go, I believe level 13+ are granted access? Hence the user_admin greater than or equal to 13 part ;)

Meh.. its not hard to do a separate search at pbbans anyway if you have full access.. So probably not worth the effort either way. >.<

Not everyone. SGA slots are limited per group. Can't remember how many slots are available but it's full atm for FA group. Go on pbbans forums, you'll see that even couple coleaders dont's have a SGA account (fifth, stabak, snake, skully, baska). One minute of searching and I found those members :P

Chuckun

Chuckun

The Chuckunator

• Co-Leader
  • 5,935 posts
Name known to all
Contributor

Not everyone. SGA slots are limited per group. Can't remember how many slots are available but it's full atm for FA group. Go on pbbans forums, you'll see that even couple coleaders dont's have a SGA account (fifth, stabak, snake, skully, baska). One minute of searching and I found those members :P

Ah ok fair enough :) I don't know enough about it to realise that :P I knew it was limited but didn't realise there weren't even enough slots for all the coleaders/leaders >.<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users