ET Server Enemy Territory GUID Public View

daredevil

• Administrators

On our servers, if you do \pb_plist you can see every player GUID. i.e. only last 8 character.

Now every user on forum can see other GUID also. I don't see any reason to hide those GUID on forum where you can see that on server. It should have been done while back but it kept getting delayed.

If you are cheater and want to hide your GUID it's different story or unless you are troll and want to hide your identity.

If you are SGA (Streaming Game Admin) at PBBans, you will be able to query his GUID also once you click on GUID.

If any issue arises in near future, I will disable this feature of public view without any prior notice.

Note: Those who had submitted there full 32 character GUID, I have trimmed it to last 8 so you don't have to worry a bit.

Even though I can see them thanks to my sexy new staff tag, I'm very glad to see this is finally in effect!

It will make the lives of members a lot easier with checking identity of legit members wearing tags with no level.. Good stuff!

Thanks dare!

My spam works : > I think I need to spam you with other suggestions etc and they might be added quite soon. :P

Thanks! :)

Forgot to ask. If guids are visible for everybody, can everybody be able to search by guid? It'd be very convenient when it comes to somebody with no lvl and with tags on server.

It is not only for users, it is also for not-logged apparently? What is the point in allowing those too, instead of only registered/FA/VIP/admin/post-trial/...?

Anyway, any idea if you're going to set CoD also to public? It will have at least the same advantages for admin check :)

Nice! :)

Forgot to ask. If guids are visible for everybody, can everybody be able to search by guid? It'd be very convenient when it comes to somebody with no lvl and with tags on server.

Yes,all can search for GUID´s,only go to the "Member list" and click in "Use advanced filters".

Question, I know with SGA access you can check any GUID clean or not on MPI. With this new feature will those without SGA access be able to do quick search of say GUID with a ban? For example if I have a PPBAN and I click on my Guid will it show?