Annoying Problem

AngelHc

On each map for like the first 4 or 5 minutes, every 20 seconds or so it's like my game has a stutter in it, and then boom it's

good for another 20 seconds. It does this for about 4 or 5 minutes, then everything is fine.. Any Ideas?hmm.gif

How are your computer specs? Does it happen when there are a lot of players or anything in particular? Like myself although I have a good computer with many players, and arty going around I lag/stutter when arty is being dropped near me,

Btw, sometimes it will start this stutter thing, and lock up completely, and I have Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it out, then I restart..

How are your computer specs? Does it happen when there are a lot of players or anything in particular? Like myself although I have a good computer with many players, and arty going around I lag/stutter when arty is being dropped near me,

Ok, I am not very computer savvy, but I know it has

intel 2.7 processor

2 gigs of ram

1 gig video

1 tb hdd

my inet is 6mb down

It happens if nothing is going on at all lol.. even if there are only a few people playing

hmm, I recommend you try and update your video card drivers, and also try and see if you can lower your resolution, and quality settings a bit. You can go into your System Options and change Video Quality set it to either Normal, Fast etc.. play with each and see if it helps.

oXghw.jpg

np, btw try and go to the manufacturers website for the latest drivers, not via Windows Update etc.. if you need help identifying your card give me a shout.

No luck :( I have updated drivers and everything.. Still have the same issue.. I have a great ping on the server, like 50, do you think

it could still have something to do with my connection somehow?

It happens to me as well occasionally, when the cpu has been going on for a while with bunch of programs stuck in the memory. OR overheating, can't tell which one. I usually solve the problem by letting the computer cool down.

Do you have an adequate PSU for our rig? How much power does it provide?

@Robinson_Curseur

It's not overheating, when you CPU is overheated your computer will just shut down for safety.

@AngelHc

Did you patch your game?

I had did problem before, after I patched the game it was over. I think the problem is that your processor gets overloaded by some bug or something else... When the game is crashing you can see 100% CPU useage for your ET session, that's not normal.

So try to patch it when you didn't do it;)

Ok, I was way to early in saying my problem is fixed... Now it starts doing the same thing, except now, when it locks up, I have to shut down, and when I try to restart, it gives me the busy thing, but never opens up? It just sets there then stops.. Ne ideas?

Now it became more difficult.... I really don't have an idea right now. When I know something I will send it to you;) I'll do some research.

Is it only ET or even with power consuming games like Crysis? What do you mean specificly with "locks up"? FPS dropping suddenly to 0 till PC isnt responding anymore? Have you checked CPU and Graphics vents for dustbunnies?

You got the 2.6b patch? Have your tried playing other online games, or checking your conection? , maybe it's the Wolfenstein ET folder problem or your PC. First we have to find where the problem is, then fix it.