• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Annoying Problem

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

AngelHc

AngelHc

L3: Novice

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:8
On each map for like the first 4 or 5 minutes, every 20 seconds or so it's like my game has a stutter in it, and then boom it's
good for another 20 seconds. It does this for about 4 or 5 minutes, then everything is fine.. Any Ideas?Posted Image

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Novice

Novice

L7: Teacher

• Co-Leader
  • 1,318 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • EvolveHQ:novice123
  • Admin:19
  • Server:Hardcore ET
  • Alias:#ender
  • T-M:ET: 4-3
How are your computer specs? Does it happen when there are a lot of players or anything in particular? Like myself although I have a good computer with many players, and arty going around I lag/stutter when arty is being dropped near me,

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
Btw, sometimes it will start this stutter thing, and lock up completely, and I have Ctrl+Alt+Del to close it out, then I restart..

How are your computer specs? Does it happen when there are a lot of players or anything in particular? Like myself although I have a good computer with many players, and arty going around I lag/stutter when arty is being dropped near me,

Ok, I am not very computer savvy, but I know it has

intel 2.7 processor
2 gigs of ram
1 gig video
1 tb hdd

my inet is 6mb down

It happens if nothing is going on at all lol.. even if there are only a few people playing

Novice

Novice

• Co-Leader
  • 1,318 posts
Has a brilliant future
hmm, I recommend you try and update your video card drivers, and also try and see if you can lower your resolution, and quality settings a bit. You can go into your System Options and change Video Quality set it to either Normal, Fast etc.. play with each and see if it helps.

Posted Image

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
Thanks, I am going to give them all a try :)

Novice

Novice

• Co-Leader
  • 1,318 posts
Has a brilliant future
np, btw try and go to the manufacturers website for the latest drivers, not via Windows Update etc.. if you need help identifying your card give me a shout.

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
No luck :( I have updated drivers and everything.. Still have the same issue.. I have a great ping on the server, like 50, do you think
it could still have something to do with my connection somehow?

----------------

----------------

• User
  • 98 posts
Unknown at this point
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
It happens to me as well occasionally, when the cpu has been going on for a while with bunch of programs stuck in the memory. OR overheating, can't tell which one. I usually solve the problem by letting the computer cool down.

Do you have an adequate PSU for our rig? How much power does it provide?

Exact.

Exact.

• Inactive Member
  • 160 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:=F|A=Exact.
  • T-M:ET: 6-4

Donator

@Robinson_Curseur

It's not overheating, when you CPU is overheated your computer will just shut down for safety.

@AngelHc

Did you patch your game?

I had did problem before, after I patched the game it was over. I think the problem is that your processor gets overloaded by some bug or something else... When the game is crashing you can see 100% CPU useage for your ET session, that's not normal.

So try to patch it when you didn't do it;)

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
The update worked, the problem is solved! Thanks a million everyone!

AngelHc

AngelHc

• User
  • 225 posts
Unknown at this point
Ok, I was way to early in saying my problem is fixed... Now it starts doing the same thing, except now, when it locks up, I have to shut down, and when I try to restart, it gives me the busy thing, but never opens up? It just sets there then stops.. Ne ideas?

Exact.

Exact.

• Inactive Member
  • 160 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:14
  • Alias:=F|A=Exact.
  • T-M:ET: 6-4

Donator

Now it became more difficult.... I really don't have an idea right now. When I know something I will send it to you;) I'll do some research.

Chega

Chega

• Regular User
  • 66 posts
Unknown at this point
Have you tried to reinstall wolfet?

Vanaraud

Vanaraud

L10: Grand Master

• ET Member
  • 3,414 posts
I am just really nice
  • Admin:15
  • Server:Jay2
  • Alias:Vael
  • T-M:ET:2-1
Contributor
Is it only ET or even with power consuming games like Crysis? What do you mean specificly with "locks up"? FPS dropping suddenly to 0 till PC isnt responding anymore? Have you checked CPU and Graphics vents for dustbunnies?

Zuthus

Zuthus

L8: Grand Teacher

• Regular User
  • 1,596 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:11
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor
You got the 2.6b patch? Have your tried playing other online games, or checking your conection? , maybe it's the Wolfenstein ET folder problem or your PC. First we have to find where the problem is, then fix it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users