• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

can't connect?

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Regretless

Regretless

L3: Novice

• User
  • 58 posts
Unknown at this point
I'm trying to connect to the ET servers, and none of them are working for me. The public server informs me i need a password, and when i try connecting to the IP for the other servers it say's that either I or the server am/is not up to date, but I know i have downloaded every patch. Any idea what i can do?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

L10: Grand Master

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor
Public server with pass hummmmm that mean ETPRO server ... dude you are using 2.6b to play but only for etpro

all others F|a servers are on 2.55 version that mean no patch needed ... just install the game game and go play

Regretless

Regretless

• User
  • 58 posts
Unknown at this point
is there any way to remove the patch that I already downloaded, or do I have to reinstall the entire game?

thundercunt

thundercunt

L420: The Honorable

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,812 posts
Getting Better
  • Admin:20
  • Server:BF3
  • Alias:THl_lNDERCl_lNT

is there any way to remove the patch that I already downloaded, or do I have to reinstall the entire game?

Just keep 2.6 install and make another install to different directory without the patch. Just change the name like C:Program FilesWolfenstein - Enemy Territory 2.55 (Two installs) Thats what I did any way. This link may be useful to you as well.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1179

hobbit

hobbit

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Server:None
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor

Just keep 2.6 install and make another install to different directory without the patch. Just change the name like C:Program FilesWolfenstein - Enemy Territory 2.55 (Two installs) Thats what I did any way. This link may be useful to you as well.
viewtopic.php?f=29&t=1179

Yes, that;s how I do it, but if you have an older comp, a patch selector is a better choice.

Regretless

Regretless

• User
  • 58 posts
Unknown at this point
Thanks so much for the help with it, I'm making the second install now, and will hopefully be on with you all soon^^

-=Medic=-

-=Medic=-

• Honored Veteran
  • 3,148 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:-=Medic=-
Contributor
but if you don't like to have 2 folders cos you have to put the same maps twice in both folders ... there is a little way to make this all easy and perfect to connect using et starter pro... but if you don't mind about using twice your space hard drive, then do 2 folders method :)

Regretless

Regretless

• User
  • 58 posts
Unknown at this point
I'm not great with third-party emulators and shit, so I'll stick with using two folders. Thanks again for all the help, everything is running fine and i was able to connect to the server last night, look forward to seeing you guys on^^

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users