Bullet lag

GermanKilla

• Administrators

how do you that's lag and not other things? Describe us your lag.

lag is lag mexi. U don't need to describe it.

Germankilla are u using any config?

Dare@LoL my bad.

I've tweaked minor things like m_pitch, turned off atmospheric effects, changed size and shape of crosshair, but nothing major.

you can't turn off your m_pitch the less than you can set it up is 0.0111 if my memory doesn't fail me. Could you copy and paste that cvars that you changed before.

Dare@LoL my bad.

you can't turn off your m_pitch the less than you can set it up is 0.0111 if my memory doesn't fail me. Could you copy and paste that cvars that you changed before.

I didn't turn off my m_pitch it is set at .015 atmospheric effects is what i turned off

• Clan Friend

maybe I am dumb, but what do you mean exactly by 'bullet lag'? Isn't that a normal et feature for the poor highpingers?

how high is your ping, in the server where you experience that so-called 'bullet lag'?

When you shoot, that information is sent to the server (and the higher your ping is, the more time it takes), then you actually shoot on the server when your message arrives.

Then, in the next snapshot the server sends to you (and again this takes some time on the network), there are some 'events'.

Your client will parse these events, and play the effects (i.e. hitsounds, tracers, 'little dust clouds' on targets).

If your ping is high, these things (for tracers it's particularly noticeable) will be obviously delayed. And that's normal.

In etpro, and etpub, silent, etc. they had the nice idea to make a cvar to disable bullet tracers (they don't match with your real bullets anyway). When you play jaymod it's not possible, and it's very annoying.

So, there is no such thing as 'bullet lag', there is only 'lag'. There can't be a higher delay only for shooting, all your commands are likewise delayed.

But with client prediction you don't notice it. Bullets are not predicted, because the trajectory end point is modified randomly by the server (the infamous bullet spread), and because it is the server who decides if you hit or not, so neither the tracers nor the hitsounds+hit marks can be predicted by the client.

To make a long story short, I think it's perfectly normal if your ping is high.

maybe I am dumb, but what do you mean exactly by 'bullet lag'? Isn't that a normal et feature for the poor highpingers?

how high is your ping, in the server where you experience that so-called 'bullet lag'?

In etpro, and etpub, silent, etc. they had the nice idea to make a cvar to disable bullet tracers (they don't match with your real bullets anyway). When you play jaymod it's not possible, and it's very annoying.

This. This is what I understand with "bullet lag"(=sometimes I can see my own tracers). Usually on "normal ping" servers(Jaynod) I don't see bullet tracers, but sometimes I do. And dunno if its placebo or not, but my acc really goes down when there is this "bullet lag". I know that in reality the "bullet" hits instantly when I shoot and the tracers are just extra visuals. But coinsidence or not, its somehow related my acc ":D". I mean, without tracers I can perform some godlike tracking/aiming(acc 55-65, sometimes even 70; http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/112/g2pradarstenover72acc.png ), but when there is this "bullet lag", it gets crappier, acc being around 45-55 and it feels like my bullets are really delayed and I can't hit shit. Discuss.

• Clan Friend

My ping stays between 79-98 once in awhile I'll get lag spikes that jump my ping to 125-148 but after the spike pass my ping will return to normal.

If you think something is weird you can always record a demo... demos hold all the stream of data that the server sends to you, so it's possible to find out what exactly happened, otherwise I can just guess...