Tournament Idea (ET & CoD 4)

HannahG

Prior to joining F|A, I use to play on many many servers before settling in this one, one thing I saw a few clans say when trying to recruit me was about tournaments.

Now, I have a general idea how 'tournaments' work, but no real clue how to run them. But my idea is this.

Possibly one time a month, or even every other month, have a set day, probably a friday or saturday, when people are on, set up as a day to have tournaments in the two games we have the most players in, CoD4 and W:ET (Or at least I think we have most in those two)

I think we'd have to do it in the server with the least amount of players, which would probably be killbox for CoD4 and I'm not sure which for W:ET :(

But we could just have everyone auto assign or something in CoD4 (And balance in W:ET or something...) to have randomized teams. And just go at it, just an all out F|A brawl for an hour or so...

Idk..I think it would be fun <3 Plus we'd get to meet more people because people who aren't usually playing at the time of the tourny might come online to play in it, or maybe not even call it a tourny, just game night or something.

If you want to tweak the idea at all feel free, I'm just putting this out there because I wanted to think of more things to do to get to know people, and this might get more people in vent during it, because even when my headset was working there wasn't many people in vent when I was in it to talk to, and it will give people something super fun to look forward to each month. ^_^

Let me know what you think of the idea,

Also I think we should do W:ET and COD4 ones at different times, so people can play in both if they want, like I would! :3

PLEASE post if you support the idea, so I know if anyone is actually interested :o

The sign up :

http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/16738-cod-4-fa-scrim-sign-up/

(Read my second post below though, it explains it better :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you thinking tournament style?(with brackets and eliminations) Or are you thinking of a skirmish type deal? (Huge game where both sides are F|A) It is a cool idea, I like the idea of an F|A cup tournament. And a skirmish would be cool too, even though I'm not F|A. But here is the problem, gamers in general are lazy assholes and it will be hard to get solid commitments from people. And planning would be a nightmare. If you or if you find someone to do it, it could definitely work. I think it would be easier on you hannah if you just did the skirmish rather than the tournament to avoid the frustration.

Here's how I would do it: Start a sign up sheet(topic) and pick the date you want it to be on. Update it every time someone says they are down for playing on that particular date. If you don't get many people that want to do it then I wouldn't push it.

• Administrators

For ET set date and time and I will open jay4 for that.

For COD4 we can do that and same for Black Ops.

Make it bi weekly. So who ever misses they can join us later.

Might be something like:

2nd Weekend of month = Panzer War.

4th Weekend of Month = ETpro SLAC.

Who ever can make it, is more then welcome and who doesn't he can go for next month.

I can also send out notifications to members using email if they use it.

I know this is a lot, and long, but please take a minute to read it and give actual input, or even just a "sounds good" so I know you're on board with it. Or, a "No" or something if you're not.

Some more ideas and such ;

We can sort the teams based on skill. We've played with each other quite a bit, and know that if we set a team with lets say Milli, Avaa, Black Magic & Theo, against players like me, the ones like me won't do so well. So we will have to balance them out as good as possible for maximum funtimes!

Since Dare will set aside the server for us, it will be just pure fun, no having to worry about hackers/rulebreakers ruining our hour.

WE will run this together, so we can randomly pull stuff we generally don't in the populated servers, like perhaps if everyone is feeling pistols only for a round or something, to keep it entertaining.

1st Friday for CoD will be a giant scrim, just for fun. And we will, as stated, balance the teams.

3rd Friday for CoD I would LIKE to be like a brackets tournament, maybe teams like 4v4, 3v3 or 2v2, it depends on how many people are on board, if we get a 30 person turn out, running games of 2v2 would be illogical and impractical. Whereas if we have a turnout of 10, teams of 5v5 would do about the same. But need help because I have NO CLUE how to run that and I don't want it to be a nightmare, so if nobody is able to come up with an idea for that, or able to set that up, we'll just do another scrim and have to change things around some how to keep it fun.

If every week there is an 'ultimate' team, eventually nobody will even try any longer. So, to mix it up so this does not happen, we will make it so you have to constantly change up your team. Like you can't have ANY people on your team tournament 5 if they were on it in 4. and only 1 person from a single team prior to that.

So for an idea,

team 1 : Ava, milli, theo, Random 1

team 2 :Black magic, Hannah, Sicsix, Random 2

team 3 : Crasher , Kimchi, Speed, Random 3

2nd tourny comes along, none of the people on any single team can team up

3rd tourny until 4th tourny (Unless we're hurting for people) Ava could have Theo OR Milli OR Random 1, but not more than 1 on her team until 3 tournys later. This way we have to work with people we might not know as well.

Use of vent should be encouraged, it will help us with teamwork & getting to know each other better. If you have a mic, you can talk, and if you don't, or, it died because you dropped it too many times and the wire is pulling out, you can listen :).

Dates : 1st and 3rd Friday for CoD4, 2nd and 4th friday for W:ET

SIDE NOTES :

Someone who plays W:ET more than me should think of what to do for that one and try to start that. I'm at a loss for ideas because I've literally played it 5 times.....sorry :/

Same with Black Ops because I don't even know how many players that has.

TELL YOUR FRIENDS ABOUT IT, And sign up on the sign-up post : http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/16738-cod-4-fa-scrim-sign-up/'>http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/16738-cod-4-fa-scrim-sign-up/ if you'll be in the first Cod4 scrim on April 15th at 7:30 eastern (We will start at 8pm eastern but we need people to be ready early, so we can figure out teams, turn out, etc.) and it will go until 9pm eastern. There is 5 fridays next month so that is why 3rd will be 1st friday, gives us time to advertise to F|A members and to prepare!

COD4 Sign up : http://fearless-assassins.com/topic/16738-cod-4-fa-scrim-sign-up/

• Administrators

Could I suggest.. making team "leaders" and maybe picking the teams.. for a fair way?

No picking teams.

2 teams.

Join which ever team has slot open.

Whole idea is to have fun and know each another and enjoy together and not to fluff around e-penis ego wins.

• Administrators

I'll play if it's open to non-FA members as well :P

I will make exception for you and for few others too if we decide it will be restricted to =F|A= members :P

does this mean that the fearless leader are gonna join too? btw one question other than the one i just posted lol...with black ops its gonna be hard cause i only see like ohhh 4 admin on there...so if we do do that where exactly are we gonna do it lol, cause Nuke is always full and I dont have the new maps for the other server...Any suggestions?

Nuke is always full and I dont have the new maps for the other server...Any suggestions?

what? is there an expansion or something? i thought that the maps just load while its...(for lack of better words) loading.

BUT ANYWAYZ this sounds awesome. kinda wish i had COD4 now tho :/ i do have COD4 and COD4-2 but they are the "other" version. i do have black ops tho...

I guess i'll have to re-install cod4 for this :) Haven't pwnd milli in a while.

If we can, I would suggest on the tdm server.