quotation

Stryder

Olny 55% of Pepole can raed tihs I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Saw this quote on facebook.I was curious if only 55% of people can read this ata a normal speed as it states? Everyone ive shown is able 2.

Saw this quote on facebook.I was curious if only 55% of people can read this ata a normal speed as it states? Everyone ive shown is able 2.

everyone can read it, not just 55%

Your brain can read every word there, coz it only need the first and the last letter to understand the complete word.

this.

Olny 55% of Pepole can raed tihs I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh?yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!

Only 55% of people can read this I couldn't believe that I could actually understand what I was reading. The phenomenal power of the human mind, according to a research at Cambridge University, it doesn't matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be in the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without a problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself, but the word as a whole. Amazing huh? Yeah and I always thought spelling was important.

I thought I'd type as I read :P

I could read it without a problem, but it would be slightly slower, am I still in the 55%? :confused

^^

Slightly slower for the first sentence, but English isn't my mothertongue. After that, some words caused trouble, for example awlyas and phaonmneal, but it wasn't harder than normal. Always is a really hard word :P

To be fair, I have more trouble with reading some posts on this forum, which are apparently in "English", than the text in topic start. Correct use of punctuation, capitals and not too many abbreviations helps a lot. Remove all those things and I really had to read twice as slow to understand it. And somehow that is the standard for some people on the internet.