Server Update Hardcore(ETpub) to Silent mod

daredevil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

Where is hardcore hosted? I ping 100+ all times.

New York @Gamerservers.

@Raider.

Try to run winMTR on this IP: 66.55.149.172 and also on our HC IP and post back results.

I will probably make a ticket with our GSP to fix latency if that's an issue.

Here's your problem. If someone else is using your connection at the same time for Internet browsing, you will have a lot of lags. My mother has a 2mbps connection (2M down and 512K up) and used to lag all the time when I was staying at her home for the weekends past 2 years ago.

No, that's not my problem, coz when i use to play nobody else is using band width.

Hardcore definitely lags, I usually pull 50-60 ping on the servers at hardcore I often find myself around 100-110. Even on the jaymod servers with 50 people on them I get 50 most the time.

Raider do you experience the hard lag? Usually what happens is im running around 70 ping, then I get hit with this lag that causes me to go 999 ping/zombie. The ping usually happens every 30 seconds on average, and lasts for 3-5 seconds. Complete red on lagometer, blinking. No blue or yellow problem, just a red blink.

Pb_sleep and Pb_security doesn't work on this lag. Usually it will last for one map, then go away for a couple maps.

• Administrators

It's not them, its the server. Hardcore is the only server that i lag on, and i am there all the time. There will be huge lag spikes out of no where.

What kind of lag spikes? Enable lagometer and show me the lagometer screenshots when you lag.

You can also run winMTR while playing the game. When you get 'huge' lag spikes, take screenshot and then check winMTR which is running in background.

Do you use nvidia cards and windows 7?

I use windows xp on 2 computers. One is high end other is mid range. I also have played on windows 7. I get the exact same types of lags on hardcore on each of the computers. The 2 xp computers use nvidia cards, one has 512mg card other has 1 gig. 2 gig ram / 4 gig ram on xp computers. On windows 7 computer I run dual core processor, integrated generic card though. Its not my computers, and its not my internet. If you would like to see the lag, just download any of my uploaded cheater/trouble player videos. You can see me lag as I record. The lag is immediate, and the lagometer, which I always run, just jumps straight to a bottom half of red, no yellow or blue. And it is flashing, my ping is 999/zombie. I have even done !spec999 right before a spike, meaning to do it to another player, and we both would end up in spectator.

Is winMTR the appnor tool? Did a simple google search but it wanted me to register to download.

My ping and my lag seem to be cause by 2 different things, Most of the time I'm fine and have a good ping but it seems when the slots fill up my ping goes up too. May be because alot of people are rocking 150+ pings or something, dunno but it usually never moves when only 16 or so are on but 20 and over it is noticable. The lag on the other hand is short spikes, not red 999 but simple 500+ ping spikes for 1-2 seconds where everything just stops (sound graphics) then resumes play, almost as if I was to hit the pause button. I notice this happens more often when I am closer to higher end pingers over 180. I see alot of people with 250 or so and at that point it's almost every gunfight with them that they either warp, they lag out, or I lag out.

I never have lag on hc so all u that are convinced that its server side lag are mistaken.

this silent transition def has me concerened. i cant play on the existing silent server due 2 my sensitivity seeming extemely slow. (wasnt before and isnt on any other f|a servers) when i go from hc 2 silent its asif i lowered my sens dramatically even though its the same.. ive asked many people if they experience anything similar or even if they see a difference in the gameplay and im getting a resounding no? hopefully its an easy "stryder your a dumbass fix" but im thinking not. i only hope i dont have same problem with the hc transition!

• Clan Friend

I have sometimes lots of red spikes in my lagometer only when I play in Silent server, but maybe it's the routing to that ip, I don't lag in any other f|a server, and I don't think it could be a mod issue.

I don't play much in hardcore atm, since I don't like etpub, but I don't remember lagging there...

I tried every possible combination of packetdup, rate, maxpackets, and whatnot, but of course if a server snapshot is lost it's lost, packetdup can help for my packets, but not those. Next time it happens I will try to check outside the game.

• Administrators

i'm not convinced, i lived it!

U didn't even replied to your topic. Who ever lags, needs to submit winMTR output.

@Raider I really don't know what you mean by 'appnor' ? Yes, you need to register once but tool is worth it.

@Other using nvidia:

Under 3D Settings -> Manage 3D settings -> Program settings, for WolfET, turn "Threaded Optimization" off

gallery_1_2_133377.png

See if that helps.