Server Update Hardcore(ETpub) to Silent mod

daredevil

• Administrators

Chill. It's not happening today. Take a deep breath, relax and now read.

We will be converting our Hardcore Etpub server to silent mod. 0.3.0 version has many fixes and enhancements. We will be running one silent 0.3.0 test server, then we will update our silent server and then hardcore.

Note: Game play on HC will remain same. No new weapons, no trip mines, no sound changes, etc. Everything will remain same. The only change will be client's will have new things in there HUD. It can be disable or enabled by user, so if you don't like it, you can always disable it.

If you have any feature suggestions please suggest it here. Any suggestion regarding 'mod' posted here will not be considered or will be lost. We have special forum for it, feel free to use it.

If you know any bug in Etpub and if you think it needs fix, report it here.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Crasher Please avoid spam this or any important section, there's a section called SPAM.

@Dare i don't play so much HC but the change will end with the lag?(because i don't know why but i lag hard only in HC server), what version is running our pub silent?

• Administrators

@Dare i don't play so much HC but the change will end with the lag?(because i don't know why but i lag hard only in HC server), what version is running our pub silent?

U probably need better PC or internet then ;) I have hardly experience lag on HC. Might want to run winMTR to check your routing from PC to server.

OMG, I have the same problem! 30ping in the other servers and im 180 lowest -450 highest on HC server. That was the only problem I saw on HC.

P.S I pay $80 a month for my bandwidth package it's not me ^^.

Ny computer sends packets to the server plenty fast enough, them taking time to get back is what's causing the ping to be high.

Edited by Larabeast

• Administrators

OMG, I have the same problem! 30ping in the other servers and im 180 lowest -450 highest on HC server. That was the only problem I saw on HC.

P.S I pay $80 a month for my bandwidth package it's not me ^^.

Ny computer sends packets to the server plenty fast enough, them taking time to get back is what's causing the ping to be high.

Download this:

http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/

Post the output result in ET help section and I will check. I need 'routing' info in order to help you.

U probably need better PC or internet then ;) I have hardly experience lag on HC. Might want to run winMTR to check your routing from PC to server.

I don't think so, my Pc not even suck at all. AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.95Ghz, 2gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 210 512Mb and 2mbps internet connection. I will do WinMtr and share my results later.

• Administrators

I was hoping that when this day came, settings would be preserved so thank you!

Also, what papito said about lag :)

winMTR output and lagometer screenshots and PC specs.

I think in new version, I will run one map with TDM gametype where all you have to do is frag. There was much demand for it on forums.

@Crasher Please avoid spam this or any important section, there's a section called SPAM.

sorry i was just direly expressing my opinion that the HC mod needed change

I don't think so, my Pc not even suck at all. AMD Athlon II X2 245 2.95Ghz, 2gb ram, Nvidia GeForce 210 512Mb and 2mbps internet connection. I will do WinMtr and share my results later.

Not a terrible system but that graphics card is pretty low end. I would update if at all possible.

I disagree. I have played HC on 3 different computers and 4 different isps. I have played on cable, wifi, isdn. How can it be so many people, both with high end systems, low end and mid range? Especially since the mid range was the high end a couple years ago, when these problems still existed. For some reason, alot of people get 3 second 'pauses' / 'lag' about every 30 seconds or so.

I am looking forward to silent mod, since I don't lag as bad on silent as I do on etpub currently.

I would like to ask, can we try the trip mines though? Would be fun :D

Not a terrible system but that graphics card is pretty low end. I would update if at all possible.

pm recommending me one, pretty, cheap and good. Lol i'm not rich.

@Duck No about the trip mines, we suffer in silent with it, i don't want to see others suffering the same, i think HC is more serious than that.

2mbps internet connection

Here's your problem. If someone else is using your connection at the same time for Internet browsing, you will have a lot of lags. My mother has a 2mbps connection (2M down and 512K up) and used to lag all the time when I was staying at her home for the weekends past 2 years ago.

Anyway, that's a nice change. However is it possible to add the TDM gametype for one map on the current Silent server too. I would like to experience that gametype with real people.