US Government seeks to make streaming audio/video a felony offense

Urine_Sample

or perhaps communism where you not only are being watched and monitored but you'd also have the joy of having no choice in religion or who the leader of your country is

Aren´t you mixing stalinism and communism?

About streaming etc http://img46.imageshack.us/i/capturena.jpg/

and

and then you didn't get anything back cause everyone streams it or dl's it illegally instead of buying your cd or streaming it from somewhere that you get something back for it.
vs Net income increase US$ 2.539 billion (2010)

A study by the World Institute for Development Economics Research at United Nations University reports that the richest 1% of adults alone owned 40% of global assets in the year 2000, and that the richest 10% of adults accounted for 85% of the world total

well I could go on and on, but its not good for health to think so much ;)

Nothing personal I3lessed, I found your posts very calm and balanced always ;)

Respect maan

Vanaraud

Aren´t you mixing stalinism and communism?

Your talking ideal communism, I'm talking about the way people have skewed and enforced communism, the "real" communism cannot exist with people because people are flawed and greedy.

About streaming etc http://img46.imageshack.us/i/capturena.jpg/

and

vs Net income increase US$ 2.539 billion (2010)

Can't view your link cause its not available to my geographic region.

You only get income for streaming when they have copyright permission. However, for instance megavideo, you don't get anything which is why videos get removed for copyright infringement.

well I could go on and on, but its not good for health to think so much ;)

Nothing personal I3lessed, I found your posts very calm and balanced always ;)

Respect maan

Vanaraud

I don't take offense for intelligent posts that have more thought behind them then "I'm not happy with the freedom I have so other people should suffer for me and get hit by terrorist attacks." Also I'm enjoy the sarcasm but really, nobody has every post they make as calm and balanced, everyone has something that they have a strong opinion on and I've hit 3 or 4 topics like that lately, if you feel that thats enough to judge my posting history on thats fine because they are as I said opinions I feel strongly about :). I have no problem giving people respect when they aren't wishing terrorist attacks on other people and put some thought into their posts. For people who do nothing but spam and post opinions with no thought behind them, well then its harder ;).

Ultimately I wouldn't conclusively say whether streaming has had a negative effect on the entertainment industry, IMO its been positive in the music industry allowing bands to get they're names out easier etc. etc. However in the movie industry I'd say its had a negative effect because ultimately streaming just means reduced sales. But all of that is really irrelevant to the topic because the fact is it doesn't matter whether its good or bad streaming illegally is ultimately stealing. I'm not claiming I don't do it or that I care if people do but I do however respect the fact that the Government is trying to protect the entertainment industry by putting in laws like this. And don't say that Hollywood etc has enough money already, which it does, but this will also have an impact on smaller artists, indie film companies etc, etc.

Do people honestly think that some indie movie companies from whom most of people never have heard(well maybe they could trip on them in some torrent\stream site and become fans) start earning some money from this proposed law? Do script writers and other idea generators as the foundation of movies become more money from this law? Ofcource not. And writers salary max 5mill vs 30-70 mill for stars?!!

Its just big companies who buy the laws in our "democratic" system and now they even want intelligency agencies on their payroll to lure behind us.

To start with their pointless DVD regions for what I personally couldn´t buy a trilogy(no people don´t want to hack the dvd regions\change dvdwriter for every movie) and that pic I posted in last post is typical answer whenever I want to go shopping for movies\music. In particular pic I wanted to watch stream vid from "legit" site. Its just there are so many pointless restrictions world-according-to-america.png to get hands on legit copy in the "internet 21st centure technology century" and instead of growing in the internet with their distribution network they come out with new laws\restrictions to harrash a decent working people.

And how can they say that torrents etc restrict their income? Lets take for example the "Avatar" with highest box office income have been DL-d the most?!! So wheres the logic.

And ofcourse the money factor- not everyone don´t have the money to buy for 500$ dvd set when it can be sold in internet 10x cheaper.

They are failing big times in basic rule of marketing- availability vs demand. And wheres a cap there comes providers-stream(torr). And then they want to make their own rules in "free capitalistic" society to get more and more money.

Please be more cautious in your comments. Some of us are deeply offended by the suggestion of terrorism against the US government. You are also probably on a list somewhere for monitoring, as well as our entire forum now. Thanks buddy.

Woah!! Hold on a sec, I am a U.S. citizen, born here as well as both my parents and their parents. I'm not trying to go against the Govt in any way. I pay my taxes, I abide by the laws we have here (or try to) and I am against terrorism on our country. Trust me, I live next to a main target for these terrorists (Los Angeles, Long Beach harbor).

So yes I will admit that what I said earlier can be offensive to some and I apologize to any who were offended. I'm just seeing the bigger picture in this world we live in. Terrorist are out there, when and where they will attack is usually unknown. Hopefully it will never happen in our lifetime but you never know.

Besides that I'm just tired of politicians overall, to me they're all a bunch of BS artist who are out to make some $$$$$$$ off us taxpayers for an unjust law. It just seems like a waste of time to monitor average Joe's instead of actual criminals or terrorist.

Besides that I'm just tired of politicians overall, to me they're all a bunch of BS artist who are out to make some $$$$$$$ off us taxpayers for an unjust law. It just seems like a waste of time to monitor average Joe's instead of actual criminals or terrorist.
Exactly.

So, instead of just blocking or shutting down those websites that we can stream from, they're leaving us with the choice to commit the, at the time, seemingly harmless act (felony) of watching a video online... then getting charged/fined for a felony and possibly sent to prison. If that isn't the freedom to choose, I just don't know what is. I smell a trap.