Anime!!!

HannahG

Well, I'm new to the forums, and wanted to get to know people since I'm applying to join.

I have a very big fondness for anime, and would like to know if anybody else shares this love (I know of 2 already solely based on names + display pics :D)

Discuss your favorite animes and share some that others may not know of!

My favorite anime of all time is Ergo Proxy, it's only one season long, but it's very well written. It's one of those shows that you really need to focus on or you'll be lost. But you get to truly love and enjoy almost all of the characters. It really shows how they think, feel, and interact with one another. It's not one of those shows where it just leaves you feeling like you don't know the characters. It has a rather dark story line, and is a much more mature anime. Not cute or cuddly in the least (Aside from Pino!!! She's adorable!!!!). If you haven't seen it and you like anime other than the typical stuff, check it out! It WILL make you think about life, a lot!

Warning : If you want to watch it and want to see if you'd like it first, watch the music vid here

Do NOT look up the wikipedia however, it gives away a key piece of info you're not suppose to know until the very ending, I was going to link the wiki, but I don't want to spoil it, and it's not even listed as a spoiler.

Another side note : Watching it in english ruins a bit also, watch it with the subtitles!

Edited by HannahG

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Inuyasha is good but too many people cosplay Inuyasha & Kagome haha. Just like Naruto & Kakashi. There's at least 5 of each at any given convention :) (If you go to those)

The one con that I go to is actually based on anime, so there's a million Naruto's or Kakashi's or anything else unoriginal...

Darker than Black

Death note

Code Geass

Bakemonogatari

Durarara

Elfen Lied

are my favorites....so far.

Code Geass eh? Never saw the actual anime, only the abridged series :D

does DBZ count? cause i loved that show :wub: ..and ive watch eyeshield 21 (friend tried to get me into this stuff by using sport, actually worked sorta).

Forgot to add Gundam Seed and Gundam Destiny, really i like all the gundam shows, now that i think about it.

Edited by speedfact

Darker than Black

Death note

Code Geass

Bakemonogatari

Durarara

Elfen Lied

are my favorites....so far.

Elfen Lied is absolutely amazing.

As for death note, I've cosplayed as Misa Amane before.

Heard of Code Geass and Darker than Black, never seen them though. Wasn't planning on watching CG either, but I've heard good things about Darker than Black.

As for Durarara, and Bakemonogatari, never heard of either.

Any sci-fi\mecha anime with filosofical\political story is worth to watch.

My favorites are

FMA

FMP

NGE

GITS

Code GEass - very good anime about alternative world governing methods where main character has thought about every move and makes you suprise in the end even though it seems he lost.

Watched also Ergo Proxy- didn´t see any deep story behind it like Wolfs Rain, just going to loop. But characters were good indeed and story was dark and enjoyable.

Van it was deep in a few ways, depending how you viewed it. The city was suppose to actually represent secluded city much like N. Korea, and I'll message you the other ways so I don't spoil it :D