Help to go to patch 1.6

Aigle

I finally bought my new computer and want to play COD4. So I fired up Steam and installed my game. However it seems our server aren't even on patch 1.7? (WTF) Anyway, I would like to know how to patch to 1.6 from 1.7 on Windows 7 x64 with a COD4 installation with Steam. I tried a couple of patch selectors and patchers to 1.6 but they all fail either because they are for 32 bits or because I have a steam COD4.

I finally bought my new computer and want to play COD4. So I fired up Steam and installed my game. However it seems our server aren't even on patch 1.7? (WTF) Anyway, I would like to know how to patch to 1.6 from 1.7 on Windows 7 x64 with a COD4 installation with Steam. I tried a couple of patch selectors and patchers to 1.6 but they all fail either because they are for 32 bits or because I have a steam COD4.

here is a patch selector for 32 and 64 bit :)

edit:

thats the direct Link

and that one is for the German Version (only)

Patch 1.7 used to suck and we have been on 1.6 forever. Use Dans patch selector?

Doesn't work for 64 bit. In fact it doesn't find a 32 bit file that the utility needs.

Thanks I'll try it

So everyone is stuck using a German patch selector?

edit: it works well on win7 x64 + steam

• 2 weeks later...

uh....There are win7 users in clan that use it and i use it on my 32 bit.....

Those users might be using x86 windows 7 like you do. Try it on a 64 bit versions and let me know. As I said, the error that it gave me was that a 32 bit file was missing. I didn't bother search on google to download that file. I use the German patch selector and it works great with win7 x64 and steam.