meaning of laggometr

kogucik

Hello guys. I have a problem with my wolfenstein. The problem with lagg. My ping is about 130- 140 on jay3 server.

When im alone in some place on map i am without any lagg but when i meet enemy or im in place where is many people and action im getting lagg. Its dificoult to hit anyone . I dont know that this is my conection problem, computer or server.

And i wanna also know what mean lines on lagometr :)

What is a blue line for? Green. And RED.

Like on my screen. MY SCREEN

I hope someone understand my problem and im waiting for help. :)

Edited by kogucik

Advanced Lagometer consists of two lines - bottom and top. The bottom line advances one pixel per each snapshot received from server (by default they are being sent at 20 snapshots per second rate), while the top one advances one pixel per each frame that is rendered by client. Thus, if the machine framerate was 20 per second, both lines - top and bottom - would run at the same speed.

Bottom bars correspond to delay before sending a snapshot by a server and receiving it by a client (so called "ping"). The shorter the bar, the smaller the ping was. Red bars mean that the frame has not arrived on time, yellow ones - that the snapshot was suppressed to stay under the rate limit. Top bars can be drawn in blue or in yellow. While server shapshots are usually received at lower rate as the client framerate, the software interpolates position and movements until it gets an update from a server, when it adjusts own state accordingly. The height of upper bars is proportional to the interpolated time between snapshots received (so as long as they come regularly, it stays below the "zero line" and is drawn in blue), or - if snapshots stop to arrive on time - is extrapolated after the last snapshot expected (then bars crosse the "zero line" and are drawn in yellow). If those bars stay yellow for too long, client is forced to interpolate its frames beyond the "reasonable level" and finally, when the snapshot arrives, the prediction turns out to hardly correspond to the server-side version, which results in a jerky, uncontinuous movement of scenery (obviously lowering the quality of gameplay).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagometer

Lagometer won't help you to decrease lag, it only tells you when you have lag. 130-140 ping is fine, I have 180-210 ping and I can play very well. Do you have the 2.60b version? I recommend it to you. Also here are to links you should look at.

How to recognize your lag

PB Settings - Reduce Lag

• Like 1

Yes i have 2.60b. I also can play when my ping is over 200 but problem is when im in action. Lagometr dosent shows any "lagg" but im fell laggy.

On sides you gave me about laggomter is nothing about red lines like on my screen up ^

My pc is 1.5gb of ram 512mb grafic and 1.81 processor. and processor is taking 100% when im play it is normal?

Also 3 months ago i reformat my pc so its clean :D

Edited by kogucik

If you have windows:

http://websec.evenbalance.com/downloader/download.php?file=1

If not tell me.

No. how to do that?

But you understand whats my problem? meybe you need video?

This is what I understood.

You're ping is fine, pc is clean, you don't know what's wrong. You don't lag when youre alone, but when you are with enemys or with teammates you lag and it's really hard to hit the enemy. That's it?

No. how to do that?

PB Setup

also try

\set rate 25000

\set cl_maxpackets 30

with how much fps do you play ? Maybe its better with

\set com_maxfps 43

Please run WinMTR (server IP: 178.63.72.170)

2492-up-WinMTR-v092.zip

Edit:

Wlan or cable

Edited by stabak

\set rate 25000

\set cl_maxpackets 30

\set com_maxfps 43

thats if you want to get your case in worse position.

Put rate atleast 32000

and maxpackets 100

and fps till you get stable

since when, you have that problem ?

its only on F|A Europe server or on all servers you play ?

try to lower your fps and get stable (43, 76 good to jump / 71 is good to shoot with dual pistols)

if i play and switch between 125 and 43 i also think i am a snail :)

Also check on Task Manager how much of your CPU takes pnkbstr.exe if it takes too much try \pb_sleep 500. And to be true I get with my 3.0Ghz dual core sometimes FPS lag, so with ur rig I dont wonder.

Do you have any other programs running backround like anti-vir etc, if yes turn them off for ET session ;)

Also \com_hunkmegs 128 should give some improvement, at least on loading maps.

I make my fps to 75 and is very stabil now. And max packets to 100. And i think is better :D

But is it better to have low fps or high?

Vanaraud : Pnkbstr.exe take nothing CPU but wolf.et takes about 90%. When i run wolfenstein using of ram is 400mb of my 1.5gb so i think is good.

But one thing is wierd. I have instaled wolf.et 2 times on diffrent disk on pc . And my fathers game after stabiling fps is about 45-50 and my is stabil on 75 fps.

I will play more today to check if it is realy better now :)

Edited by kogucik