Forum reorganization

daredevil

Many regular forum users seem to use 'show new content' button .In addition to what saizou said can we have a feature in forums such that all new content can be viewed from specific time?

For example:

View all new content from DD-MM-YYYY. HH-MM

Perhaps the time can be limited to one month or something optimal so that it wont slow down forums.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I use also "New content" menu and first place Im looking for it is near Forum, Members etc pane. So moveing it there would make it more noticable. And as the donations topic is hot nowadays, I was thinking to implement something in forum page which would motivate ppl to donate. Some roll of honor or sumthing. But I think there would be 2 categories, like "the foundation of FA" for those who have put a lots and lots of money into it and "your on the right path, little skywalker" ;) for ppl who can spare dollar or 2(and 100x1 or 2 makes something).

Also I wish to point out that its kinda hard to grasp the whole forum at first glance. I remember first time when I joined forum was to report a cheater( because no admin was around in server).

And it took me half an hour to get used with forum layout and before I could find a proper place for my post. So I think some pane for contact methods for help should be out there- like in which server which admin mostly resides and his xfire\ or just "need quick help" contact us in XFIRE.

And lifting help section upwards could make a difference also.

Also when you are mergeing ET sections, wouldn´t it be reasonable to make two subcategories for COD\ET as I see they are takeing most room in Forum. And then make few subcategories below them.

Or if current layout is haveing minor improvements then make Categories closed in default, so there would be a short list like "announcments, general section etc" and short descriptions under them- which would give general idea what and when goes under this category- and when u click on them you can surf on.

So those are my thoughts.

Peace out

Vanaraud

I use also "New content" menu and first place Im looking for it is near Forum, Members etc pane. So moveing it there would make it more noticable. And as the donations topic is hot nowadays, I was thinking to implement something in forum page which would motivate ppl to donate. Some roll of honor or sumthing. But I think there would be 2 categories, like "the foundation of FA" for those who have put a lots and lots of money into it and "your on the right path, little skywalker" ;) for ppl who can spare dollar or 2(and 100x1 or 2 makes something).

Also I wish to point out that its kinda hard to grasp the whole forum at first glance. I remember first time when I joined forum was to report a cheater( because no admin was around in server).

And it took me half an hour to get used with forum layout and before I could find a proper place for my post. So I think some pane for contact methods for help should be out there- like in which server which admin mostly resides and his xfire\ or just "need quick help" contact us in XFIRE.

And lifting help section upwards could make a difference also.

Also when you are mergeing ET sections, wouldn´t it be reasonable to make two subcategories for COD\ET as I see they are takeing most room in Forum. And then make few subcategories below them.

Or if current layout is haveing minor improvements then make Categories closed in default, so there would be a short list like "announcments, general section etc" and short descriptions under them- which would give general idea what and when goes under this category- and when u click on them you can surf on.

So those are my thoughts.

Peace out

Vanaraud

The forum is big, but anyone with a brain can differentiate the ET/COD sections with the complaint/protest ban etc sections. It's not hard.

• Administrators

@Antimony Search is highly optimized and can handle up to 500 users easily. 800 is peak on our forums. I tried from newzealand and forums open within 5 seconds and same from Asia.

@Vanaraud, I noted your suggestion.

@Others. I noted your too.

@Phantasm. Your suggestion is ideal and perfect and will be implemented asap.

@chuck. At present, there is no way you can track amount of clicks with your custom banners. I am working with one modder and we might come up with totally different thing. It will be likely every member will be provided with there own custom signatures with there display name it. Referral system is almost ready. Waiting for few things since they are IPB dependent.

@jai. Wiki is mostly updated except few things. http://fearless-assassins.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page I need to add decent logos on it.

-----------

1. View New Content will be more 'highlighted'. On the top panel, there is 'What's New' for vB users. It does same exact thing.

2. I will rework on top bar and make it more useful.

3. I remove 2 section from the top which where less used and merged announcements.

4. There will be one more news section where users will be able to report news.

5. I dumped the whole 'scrim section'. All the scrim talk goes to respective games in itself.

6. I will re think about whole 'Help and Discussion Center' section and make it more optimized.

7. I will re optimize whole 'Console Games and Modding' section too since it's very rarely used.

WOW cant beleive I missed this topic. I would suggest trying to merge all the cheater,bans,suspected trouble players into one section at the moment you have to check many different sections to find things. Maybe add a section for our robo-ban hammer to list the pbbans.

Feedback system sounds great-Better than forum rep.

Is there anyway to add IRC to the site to page members that are listed as online as a realtime chat.

Another suggestion is to give accross the board forum levels to members from all games-maybe a millitary rank as I used in my old clan forum.

• Administrators

I would suggest trying to merge all the cheater,bans,suspected trouble players into one section at the moment you have to check many different sections to find things. Maybe add a section for our robo-ban hammer to list the pbbans.

There is a reason they are like it.

Cheater Report - For public users.

Ban Report = Which clan friends, trial and members can see and report, so when user whines we have proof or we unban.

Suspected / Trouble some = Demo Review and players which do team harassment.

Is there anyway to add IRC to the site to page members that are listed as online as a realtime chat.

Used to had IRC but no one ever used it and I gived up. Then I got shoutbox for fun chat but that's resource extensive.

Another suggestion is to give accross the board forum levels to members from all games-maybe a millitary rank as I used in my old clan forum.

We had that. never worked out. Simple numbers from level 0 to 15 works fine.

Is only me or? When i press the New content link, it show me the new forum users, could be great if the New topics would be showed at first instance.

Probably you were browsing members (or looking at your profile) and when you pressed View new content you got the new members listed. Pretty much it works for every other section respectively.

You gotta be in forums section to get the topics listed.

Probably you were browsing members (or looking at your profile) and when you pressed View new content you got the new members listed. Pretty much it works for every other section respectively.

You gotta be in forums section to get the topics listed.

Nope, it happen no matter in what section i'm looking for, but anyway it doesn't bother me.

I'll think in more ideas for the forum. Maybe a flash menu or animated menu.