Band of Brothers

Lightning Count

This show always puts me in the mood to play ET. It also reminds me what people have gone through to fight for their countries. There were many heroes answering the call, and there still are today.

Anyone else have any favorite war themed things?

Under A War Torn Sky

I wish i could remember the author

That was one of the books i did a report on as a kid and it always stuck with me, it's a great war book.

There is another one i can't remember the name of, but i'll look it up.

yeah i've read about 'the pacific' in the ny times..i'm pretty amped. other than BoB and Saving Private Ryan (which is my FAVORITE movie ever) i recommend 'the thin red line', 'platoon' (which my cousin-by-blood Tom Berenger is so bad ass in), 'full metal jacket' and 'apocalypse now'. 'letters from iwo jima' is also a VERY good movie but *warning*, its depressing as hell!

yeah i've read about 'the pacific' in the ny times..i'm pretty amped. other than BoB and Saving Private Ryan (which is my FAVORITE movie ever) i recommend 'the thin red line', 'platoon' (which my cousin-by-blood Tom Berenger is so bad ass in), 'full metal jacket' and 'apocalypse now'. 'letters from iwo jima' is also a VERY good movie but *warning*, its depressing as hell!

Platoon and Full Metal Jacket are the best Vietnam flicks.

I preferred Sgt. Elias to Sgt. Barnes though. But I must admit Barnes was the biggest bad motherf***er in the movie.

I'm so much of a BoB fan its crazy. I went out of the way to visit 2 of the real guys, and I've written to Major Winters.

I'm also a big fan of Platoon. That's a great movie and hardcore all around. If you like Platoon you GOTTA watch this music video

and Letters from Iwo Jima is great. I watched it before I saw "Flags of our Fathers" and expected so much from FouF, but it couldn't touch Letters.

• 2 weeks later...