Fattest country on the world

Fb!N!nJa

Very interesting conversation going on. :)

Note for the young - When you hit menopause/Andropause (depending your sex) Your metabolism for MOST people, not ALL - will slow extremely down.

Edited by chocolate

I just eat shitfood every weekend when we made xbox parties before we reduce the calories with an orgie. But i'd rather fish, chicken, fruits and vegetables.

lol. Man, some of the replies on here have me ROFLing. I need to hit up one of Papitos xbox parties.

@Timber: If i ate fish for 35 years, dirt would start to look tasty.

Now if I could just get In-N-Out to franchise and open down there.....OH YEAH! Hmm...I just made myself hungry.

Islanders get fat more easily than the rest of the world because they are descended from the people who survived 1000+ mile voyages on a flimsy canoe.

Only the fattest women were sent because they could store enough food to survive the trip. By the time they got to the next island (if they found one) they would be skinny. So you could not send skinny people.

So the current population has been artificially selected (by design) to survive starvation by storing fat.

If you've ever been to Hawaii you will see the natives are all fat from American food. They no longer eat native food any more.

And yes, when you guys get older, your metabolism will slow down. You won't be able to exercise as much because you won't have the energy, and your body will hurt more easily and take longer to recover. And you won't have the time with work/school/kids.

You will need to cut down on your calories and make a deliberate effort to exercise consistently. Avoid fatty foods, trans fats (hydrogenated oil), alcohol, salt and sugar.

I neglected my body until my late 30s, and you probably will too, but it's never too early to start living healthy. I am much healthier now than I was five years ago.

america is a very big country..therefore has a lot of influence..good and bad.comporate is selfserving and as far as food..americans being harmed as well by the shiz thats served up.a furkin mcdouble is a dollar..feast on it..eat the coporate dog food thats spood feed...like the wife who spoon feeds her husband poison soup and caringly wipes his chin to make sure it all goes in...those poor fatties in other countries haven't been able to cope with it yet as we have...we have been at it longer and have made some better choices...sometimes

• 6 years later...

Then there's a tradition of what is considered bad and what is good, with more recent the whole organic food marketing campaign that has convinced many that a tomato grown organically with manure from animals that were only fed organic grass is somehow superior to a more productive genetically enhanced tomato grown with synthetic fertilizers. Despite the chemical analysis results of both tomatoes showing no difference in composition or nutritional value.

"avoid fatty foods" is also heard in abudance, when in reality, the entire weight equation boils down to calories in - calories out = body fat stored/burned. 3000 calories from fat are equal to 3000 calories from protein are equal to 3000 calories from sugar. That has even been shown by the adventurours nutrition experts who lived off twinkies and lost weight, big macs and lost weight, even Oreos and lost weight. Of course there are substances which can reach a threshold of toxicity with adverse effects, but again it's not the substance that makes the poison, it's the dosage. Transfats will harm you in the long run, but so will protein (uria, gout), carbs (diabetes), or any fat in excess (high cholesterol, vascular episodes), but only when combined with enough carbs in your diet.

I've read posts where some claimed that without carbs you can't live - that's not true if we're talking about consumption. You can very nicely survive just fine. Just go without eating for a day, and take a wild guess as to what you're using for energy to stay alive, it's not carbs. It's ketones, produced by complex (it's always complex when it comes to metabolism, isn't it?) processes of converting fat reserves into energy. The brain actually works just fine with ketones - if not somewhat better with evidence on the efficacy of a high far-moderate protein - very low carb diet as a preventative treatment of mild epilepsy. (yup, medically induced ketogenic diet to treat epilepsy). Surprisingly, these butter munching, egg and bacon gouging folks were losing weight in the process too. And reportedly felt less hungry for much longer periods of time during the day...Imagine that.

With any "diet" out there, every claim is "with this diet and exercise you will lose weight," which isn't technically wrong. Then again, with two large big mac meals a day, fries and a 0-calorie drink for a total of 1500 calories + exercise you will also lose weight.

If you really want to challenge what has become core belief in all of us as far as nutrition goes, check out this long-term study findings on high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

It's as counterintouitive as it gets, but the lab results don't lie...

Then there's a tradition of what is considered bad and what is good, with more recent the whole organic food marketing campaign that has convinced many that a tomato grown organically with manure from animals that were only fed organic grass is somehow superior to a more productive genetically enhanced tomato grown with synthetic fertilizers. Despite the chemical analysis results of both tomatoes showing no difference in composition or nutritional value.

"avoid fatty foods" is also heard in abudance, when in reality, the entire weight equation boils down to calories in - calories out = body fat stored/burned. 3000 calories from fat are equal to 3000 calories from protein are equal to 3000 calories from sugar. That has even been shown by the adventurours nutrition experts who lived off twinkies and lost weight, big macs and lost weight, even Oreos and lost weight. Of course there are substances which can reach a threshold of toxicity with adverse effects, but again it's not the substance that makes the poison, it's the dosage. Transfats will harm you in the long run, but so will protein (uria, gout), carbs (diabetes), or any fat in excess (high cholesterol, vascular episodes), but only when combined with enough carbs in your diet.

I've read posts where some claimed that without carbs you can't live - that's not true if we're talking about consumption. You can very nicely survive just fine. Just go without eating for a day, and take a wild guess as to what you're using for energy to stay alive, it's not carbs. It's ketones, produced by complex (it's always complex when it comes to metabolism, isn't it?) processes of converting fat reserves into energy. The brain actually works just fine with ketones - if not somewhat better with evidence on the efficacy of a high far-moderate protein - very low carb diet as a preventative treatment of mild epilepsy. (yup, medically induced ketogenic diet to treat epilepsy). Surprisingly, these butter munching, egg and bacon gouging folks were losing weight in the process too. And reportedly felt less hungry for much longer periods of time during the day...Imagine that.

With any "diet" out there, every claim is "with this diet and exercise you will lose weight," which isn't technically wrong. Then again, with two large big mac meals a day, fries and a 0-calorie drink for a total of 1500 calories + exercise you will also lose weight.

If you really want to challenge what has become core belief in all of us as far as nutrition goes, check out this long-term study findings on high fat, moderate protein, very low carb diet at https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2716748/

It's as counterintouitive as it gets, but the lab results don't lie...

please dont bump up realy old topics this is 6yrs old 

we would prefer if you started a new one thanks 

• 3 months later...

According to the CDC leading causes of death include:

• Heart disease: 633,842
  • Cancer: 595,930
  • Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 155,041
  • Accidents (unintentional injuries): 146,571
  • Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 140,323
  • Alzheimer’s disease: 110,561
  • Diabetes: 79,535
  • Influenza and Pneumonia: 57,062