ET Server Regarding Map Rushing Rule in W:ET

daredevil

You are right milli, but we must be honest, on silent server MANY players want to be medic :)

And from those 5 medics per team only 1 or 2 nurses heal and revive teammates lol

Now, the worse case can be:

2 Medics being rambo = Terrible server :P

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Or. No restrictions and just let it be :(

na, too many people complain and it just becomes b*** fight. better to just leave a short limit on the more popular servers, and take it off on the servers less played by casual people

just make it like 6 medics cuz i know at least 2 will help out besides rambo and most people rate as medics and i dont like that, so this would help the others and stop raters from complaining cuz of some bs

There were 3 games in a row today under 5 mins... Admins did nothing. Im not picking anyone out. Im just saying you gotta do something like !xpreset or !ban

Most admins don't have those commands, so !kick is more common. But if it is one person constantly rushing, you can !put him on the defending team the next map, so they defend the obj

Banner in ETpub Silent states that rushing is allowed. Banner is the same one that is currently in hardcore. Needs to say 'map may be rushed after 5 minutes of startup time'. Having problems in silent, when I say '!rush' and people say 'but it says rushing allowed' 0_o. Of course, they knew I didn't have admin, F|A Fun didn't have admin, F|A gravedigger didn't have admin, and F|A mexicano just left. So they abused the situation :angry:

Banner in ETpub Silent states that rushing is allowed. Banner is the same one that is currently in hardcore. Needs to say 'map may be rushed after 5 minutes of startup time'. Having problems in silent, when I say '!rush' and people say 'but it says rushing allowed' 0_o. Of course, they knew I didn't have admin, F|A Fun didn't have admin, F|A gravedigger didn't have admin, and F|A mexicano just left. So they abused the situation :angry:

Dare said that it was allowed in Hardcore. There is no limitation. Seeing as how Silent is a new mod and all, they're probably on top of all that already. They know what they're doing, just give em time to "fix" it. Of course, they could be allowing it in the Silent mod too.

Either way though, to all of that business of limiting medics, seriously bad idea. SEEEEERIOUSLY bad idea. If we consider that, just throwing a random estimate out there, half the people on F|A servers mainly only play as medics... what do you think will happen to the F|A servers when they can no longer play as a medic? I play as a medic... pretty much 90% of the time. I don't care much for "rating", I just want to stay alive and have as much of a chance as possible of killing enemies or assisting teammates. Don't seriously blame the Medic class for anything, it's not overpowered, it can heal itself.. but it can't shoot AND heal.. so if one gets away it's your fault. People complain about medics ducking behind corners but.. guess what.. so does every other class when you shoot at them. I play as a medic, and I often use cover to my advantage.. it's called playing smart. Just because you see a medic run behind a wall doesn't mean he's packing. Often times he isn't. Just sayin'...

You also have to think about the possibility of the Medic class being taken out of gameplay entirely. As everyone would agree, it is the most desired class, and there are a LOT of pricks who refuse to heal the team or revive. Setting a limit of 2 medics would only make the situation worse.. because we would have assholes hogging up medic slots all day who won't heal or revive. I'm not saying I do it every time.. but... I'll almost always heal somebody if I notice they're not at FULL HP, unless it's too much trouble trying to keep up with them. If someone is lying dead.. often times I'll run out into a hail of gunfire just to revive them before they gib. Half the time they gib anyways and I die............ Anyways, juuuuuust saying, limiting medics would mean having less helpful medics like me around. Not to mention less players on the servers.

EDIT - Also... 2 medics can't support a team of 20 players.. that's ludicrous.. They couldn't support a team of 10 players ffs. They would also only truly be helpful if they communicated with each other.

Dare said that it was allowed in Hardcore. There is no limitation. Seeing as how Silent is a new mod and all, they're probably on top of all that already. They know what they're doing, just give em time to "fix" it. Of course, they could be allowing it in the Silent mod too.

I wasn't talking about hardcore. I am talking about Silent. This is a topic about map rushing rule, why are we talking about medics here? As a player and an admin, I feel that if I see a possible bug/problem I come to the forums to notify those that can fix/repair said items. I havn't seen a post about the banner on silent mod, so I reported it. If rushing is allowed on silent, I will let the issue lie. But I believe the only 2 servers rushing is allowed are the nitmods and hardcore servers.

After rereading my previous post, I had put down that 'mexicano just left'. What I meant by that is he 'just logged off' and 'then' the problem started with rushing.

Would admins be enforcing this?

I would imagine we would enforce rush rules the same way we always have. Being 5 minutes after start of map is easier to enforce simply because server players can easily subtract 5 minutes from map start time. My son was 5 when I taught him how to subtract, I'm pretty darn sure our player base can subtract as well :lol: