ET freezes

*Sypher*

Hello there,

Not too long ago, my computer crashed because of a virus.

I installed ET again and started to play.

But everytime I play, wolfenstein freezes and I can't do something else except shut down Wolfenstein and restart.

This is very annoying since I'm in the middle of a game play helping my team or answering questions, and at once I'm gone.

Is there a way to fix this?

P.S.

Always when I play ET, my computer is using 100% of it's CPU.

Does this mean my computer sucks?

Looks like your processor isn't dealing with ET very well. I used to get the exact same thing on my junk machine..

Have you tried using minimum spec on everything in W:ET? Looks rubbish but if you can play its better :P

also set com_maxfps to 80 or something to reduce excessive strain on the cpu / gpu.

Looks like your processor isn't dealing with ET very well. I used to get the exact same thing on my junk machine..

Have you tried using minimum spec on everything in W:ET? Looks rubbish but if you can play its better :P

also set com_maxfps to 80 or something to reduce excessive strain on the cpu / gpu.

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah, I know my processor sucks. But if I buy a new one, I did better buy a whole new computer I think, since it's all rubish.

Once my processor is upgraded, my video cart still sucks.

eww 100 percent cpu,thats bad.

Download malwarebytes it may help and spybot but it wont help with the virus,but u may got more than what u think

The virus is already gone.

It actually was already gone before my computer crashed.

When I downloaded a map in ET, some virus entered my computer during the download.

Next thing happens is my Antivirus (Norton) says it detected an virus.

I of course delete the virus, not looking where it was located etc.

Stupid, stupid, stupid since the virus was in my windows booting map, and then whole windows was deleted.

100% cpu? :o what's your com_maxfps?

I think it's normal for et to take as much cpu as possible, on dual core i have often 50% which is the same as 100% on single core

My max fps used to be 90, never had problem with that before by the way.

But now I set it to 30, and PB keeps kicking me for that :(

Thanks, I'll try that.

Yeah, I know my processor sucks. But if I buy a new one, I did better buy a whole new computer I think, since it's all rubish.

Once my processor is upgraded, my video cart still sucks.

The virus is already gone.

It actually was already gone before my computer crashed.

When I downloaded a map in ET, some virus entered my computer during the download.

Next thing happens is my Antivirus (Norton) says it detected an virus.

I of course delete the virus, not looking where it was located etc.

Stupid, stupid, stupid since the virus was in my windows booting map, and then whole windows was deleted.

imo if u have shit pc dont install antivirus,i never had one and when i installed i was unable to play cuz of crazy lag.it may sound stupid but theres no need for realtime protection etc etc,i have av saved on a flash and when needed i use it

imo if u have shit pc dont install antivirus,i never had one and when i installed i was unable to play cuz of crazy lag.it may sound stupid but theres no need for realtime protection etc etc,i have av saved on a flash and when needed i use it

Lol tell that to my parents.

This pc still cost €600 or so and to repair €400 or so.

Now tell my parents this pc sucks and it's not worth buying anti virus :o

Hello there,

Not too long ago, my computer crashed because of a virus.

I installed ET again and started to play.

But everytime I play, wolfenstein freezes and I can't do something else except shut down Wolfenstein and restart.

This is very annoying since I'm in the middle of a game play helping my team or answering questions, and at once I'm gone.

Is there a way to fix this?

P.S.

Always when I play ET, my computer is using 100% of it's CPU.

Does this mean my computer sucks?

what is your computer specs? Maybe you have something running in the background?

what is your computer specs? Maybe you have something running in the background?

Nothing, except 0% - 2% xfire and 0% - 4% system.

All the rest is free for ET.

I once had that Itunes did some kind op update, using 60% of my CPU, but that never happened again.

Try to reduce you RAM request /com_hunkmegs 128

Thanks!

If my ET is still crashing I'll try that.