How did you hear about ET and when?

unlawfulsniper

Sup guys, I was always curious about how the ET community is thriving even after, what 6 years or so since ET came out? (I could be off by a year or two :) ).

So I wondered how you all came to hear about the free online ET game... Here is my story.

I used to go to this online gaming site 'Gamespot.com' and I'd download demos and try them out. Mainly because I am cheap and like free stuff, so I never bought a console, but chose to get free games for PC instead. The first Demo I downloaded that was really awesome was the FPS game 'Half-life' and I played it for couple years, until RTCW the multiplayer demo came out. It had only 2 maps, 'Beach' and some other Baserace-like map which I can't recall the name of. It was super fun and free!! Then ET came out and crushed RTCW. At first, there were like only 6 maps or something, but then cool techie people started making their own maps... One crew in particular always made amazing maps, MLB. I've always been impressed with the spirit of computer programmers who make maps, improve linux, or code firefox.... FOR FREE!! You gotta love these people, who do it for the fun and challenge and us non-techies enjoy the fruits of their labors (special shout out to JoeDirt, Daredevil, RAinier; all 3 are personal heros of mine for the work they do on FA, nuff respect and love :) ).

So that is my short story about how I found and fell in love with ET. It all started with downloading demos from gamespot.com

What is your story? A friend told u about it? PC magazine had an article? You google searched 'free FPS demo'? What?

Cheers, n happy fraggin!

Wolfenstein Enemy Territory is 6 years old in two days I think, May 29. i started playing because my homie 420 downloaded it on my pc when I was passed out. I was mad at first until I played it and fell in love with F|A :):love

I first started playing ET after a friend gave me a copy he DL from a now defunct file sharing/swapping site. So I pop it in thinking...another shoot em up and spawn game...boring. ET broke the rules at the time with the objectives. It wasn't just a fragfest, king of the hill or capture the flag. It had some strategy. Been playing it off and on since then.

My older brother is a computer freak. I don't know where he found out, in fact there is a good chance he just woke up one day with complete knowledge about Et.. But anyway i first played when he was 15 and i was 12, or something like that. Then stopped for a few years and now he's 20, too busy to play and i'm 17 and in my et prime :roll:

Hi,

What is your story? A friend told u about it? PC magazine had an article? You google searched 'free FPS demo'? What?

My brother told me to install this game to play with him, so I did. And now, I play every day ! :D

I bought RtCW when it first came out, but I had a crappy comp and connection at that time so I couldn't play it. I forgot about it until 2007... lol

Then I started playing and such and my friend told me to start playing ET and so I did and I've been playing ever since.

• Administrators

My university friend one day got W:ET CD and we played in lan ( around 8-10 friends in one house) after each midterm. Then they got bored and I didn't and hence i founded out internet servers. We visited some internet server for first time (around 9 friends) together.. I still remember few of their names.. butcher, neon (still plays on F|A sometimes), very famous ( he still plays and some know him as Xeon or Thunderbol), X-men, Midterm Sucks, etc..

back in early 2004 i was over at a buddies house and he was playing it and let me play for a bit. it ran so smoothly and i loved it from the start. my addictive personality probably didn't help much either. unfortunately, i went home and downloaded it and it didn't run smoothly on my shitty comp (20-50fps per map). my cousin and i used to take turns on my comp until he got his own fast comp and he became better than me. Then we started a leet clan ([KoF] and eventually became [?]) that dominated 2.55 ET for a few years, winning a league, and having a bunch of fun in the process.

Played after having played RTCW a little bit. A friend pointed me to it after I started getting into multiplayer gaming (I was playing Doom 3 regularly). I played on COBRA and FAG servers a lot, then found *Evil*BeginnersXPSave, which was full of cool guys, and joined *Evil* not too long afterward.

i don't even remember the year....but i bought RTCW when it came out and played ONLY multiplayer. then heard about ET, d/l it and played it for about 3 years. went to college and moved out on my own and found ET about 6 months ago

i heard about ET long time ago,dunno when, ~1 year ago i had nothing better to do and i dl it and played first on a beginners xp save (or something like that) as verdaan, then i came here as 301/lmd

nice ppl here B)

• Administrators

I started playing summer of 03, couldnt sleep after clubbing, so I downloaded the game and rest is history, I stared playing on bunch of servers, then BNB, NB, FAG and thats pretty much it.