MAX_PACKET_USERCMDS ???

Chuckun

Hey guys, im lagging like hell in Jay 2 right now.. And when I look at my console, it's printing "MAX_PACKET_USERCMDS" over and over - like 5times per second.. A constant stream of it.. if anyone talks or gets killed etc, you see it for a split second in console before it's disappeared up the top due to all these MAX PACKET USERCMDS messages..

It doesn't say anything else, just "MAX_PACKET_USERCMDS"

I tried setting /cl_maxpackets 100 - made no difference..

I don't get whats going on?

Chuckun

EDIT: It stops when I move to spec =/

Ok never mind guys, it was a packet overflow issue due to my high FPS - it seems the server cant cope with me refreshing 334 times per second.. (334FPS)

What I dont understand though, is the server is virtually empty, and usually I do 334FPS fine.. Even on a full server.. But I've had to set maxfps to 100 to stop it :S 200 still did it, 150 still did it, 100 was the highest I could go.. =/

• Clan Friend

you can't send more than 32 commands per packet, I am not sure if you have cl_packetdup set to more than 0, you can check that.

anyway, I don't see the point of having such a high amount of fps and duplicated packets, other than overflowing the server with data and filling its bandwidth, most servers force com_maxfps to be at most 125, and that's what I would do to reduce client bandwidth upload to the server ;p but in f|a servers many cvar limits are different from the grnerally used 'standards' (see m_pitch, etc.)

anyway, try to reduce cl_packetdup, or even set it to zero, since it's an (almost) useless setting.

with cl_showsend 1 you can see the commands you send per packet (set it back to 0 to avoid too much console spamming, you have to type it 'blindly', so be careful!)

the number in parenthesis should be the one, ideally it shouldn't be higher than 1 (especially for your opponents, or they will call you lagger ;p).

btw, what are your pc specs? wow 334 fps with a full server I'd like to have that, but my cpu (core2 duo @ 1.86 ghz) is too slow for et

you can't send more than 32 commands per packet, I am not sure if you have cl_packetdup set to more than 0, you can check that.

anyway, I don't see the point of having such a high amount of fps and duplicated packets, other than overflowing the server with data and filling its bandwidth, most servers force com_maxfps to be at most 125, and that's what I would do to reduce client bandwidth upload to the server ;p but in f|a servers many cvar limits are different from the grnerally used 'standards' (see m_pitch, etc.)

anyway, try to reduce cl_packetdup, or even set it to zero, since it's an (almost) useless setting.

with cl_showsend 1 you can see the commands you send per packet (set it back to 0 to avoid too much console spamming, you have to type it 'blindly', so be careful!)

the number in parenthesis should be the one, ideally it shouldn't be higher than 1 (especially for your opponents, or they will call you lagger ;p).

btw, what are your pc specs? wow 334 fps with a full server I'd like to have that, but my cpu (core2 duo @ 1.86 ghz) is too slow for et

Well 334FPS is the limit set by PB on our servers so I have com_maxfps 334..

My specs are Core i5 460M 2.5ghz (turbo to 2.8) with Nvidia Geforce GT 420M and 3GB DDR3 1333 RAM =] (laptop)

I've never had problems before.. Usually run on 334 perfectly..

Chuckun

• 6 years later...
  • Administrators

if I set cl_packetdup 0 this error stops ? I have the same error atm Ithink 

https://fearless-assassins.com/tracker/issue-3307-weird-issue-max-packet-usercmd/?gopid=9352&do=findComment&comment=9352

Try :) 

• Leader

set your maxfps on 125 instead of your usual 400  :noob !!

I tried to duplicate his problem, using maxfps and packetdup, but failed.  When I set fps to 300+, I start getting intermittent "interruption" notices.  Who can know what other 'strange' cvars he might have set! :D

rate has to be interpreted in the math fps and rate cl_maxpackets and packetdup 1-5 unless your using the same hardware and rate of connection you will be limited on duplication of the error using less then 25000 rate hardware and system plus connection type all have to be added in using just packetdup and maxpackets with out the rest of the information is fishing for information. He's getting this max limit reached either cause he's trying to congest his network or trying to flood the server.

rate has to be interpreted in the math fps and rate cl_maxpackets and packetdup 1-5 unless your using the same hardware and rate of connection you will be limited on duplication of the error using less then 25000 rate hardware and system plus connection type all have to be added in using just packetdup and maxpackets with out the rest of the information is fishing for information. He's getting this max limit reached either cause he's trying to congest his network or trying to flood the server.

congest network  flood the server lol im already happy that I can put my computer on -_-