ET recording

Zuthus

So I'm thinking of doing a vid bout ET. But I don't know how to record it. Well /autorecord works but it's another format and you have to change it blablabla... I used FRAPS , but it's slow after long time you use it, and the vids have www.fraps.com on it.. So are there other ways to record while playing???

So I'm thinking of doing a vid bout ET. But I don't know how to record it. Well /autorecord works but it's another format and you have to change it blablabla... I used FRAPS , but it's slow after long time you use it, and the vids have www.fraps.com on it.. So are there other ways to record while playing???

Buying Fraps will remove the watermark. It's 37$ directly from their website.

Ok so I'm recording with /autorecord /stoprecord

How can I transform de dm_84 files to .avi???

As noheart says use xfire, use ET to record a demo then then replay the demo and use xfire to record the demo, so no lag in game.

• Like 1

• Clan Friend

It depends on what you need to do... if you want to make a quality fragmovie, then you need avi, and maybe that tool to add motion blur I don't remember the name, I think image.exe I used it when I made my low fragmovie.

If you just need to record something then xfire is ok. There are some specific mods for fragmovies, but I don't think they will work with jaymod demos since in jaymod all events are in a different order and you have extra animations and all.

With etpro or etpub it's ok.

Another thing I once did was running the game in windowed mode, then using a free tool to capure that area of my desktop. So I could run at 125fps and record at a different frame rate.

• Clan Friend

Is there a way to improve the quality of the recorded vids with xfire?

I think it all depends on the codec used by xfire. And of course if you want a really good 'quality' you might need motion blur, custom textures with higher detail, some post processing, etc.

What kind of video are you doing? Which mod?

I think it all depends on the codec used by xfire. And of course if you want a really good 'quality' you might need motion blur, custom textures with higher detail, some post processing, etc.

What kind of video are you doing? Which mod?

How can I check what's my mod????

Ok so I recorded my dm_84 with Xfire, but the demo controls are in the vid and I don't want them to be there ??? Any ideas of how to get that out of there???

How can I check what's my mod????

Ok so I recorded my dm_84 with Xfire, but the demo controls are in the vid and I don't want them to be there ??? Any ideas of how to get that out of there???

Top of my head it's the enter key to hide them, it does say in the controls box.

Also you said about the quality of the xfire vid, check the options you can change fps and size.

Top of my head it's the enter key to hide them, it does say in the controls box.

Also you said about the quality of the xfire vid, check the options you can change fps and size.

I think it's backspace to hide/show demo controls.

• Clan Friend

it should be backspace.

you might need a movie config, or some pk3 with quality textures if you want nicer graphics.

about the mod, I only wanted to know if it's jaymod or not. Because if it's not jaymod, there are some mods you can use to watch demos specifically made for movies, maybe you could be interested in one of those, but let's keep it simple.