Whatcha usin?

Razzled

External mouse and built in keyboard on a XPS 15 :)

When I get 100+ FPS I play fine.. But when I have a slow connection day, I play like crap ^_^

Chuckun

you can play et wit a controller?!!?!?!?? if you can then im missin out on ALOT

yeah, you can play with controllers. ET has a very basic controller "button mapping schematic". (didnt know what to call it. lol) when i first started playin ET a few years ago, i only had a laptop with one of those touchpad mouses....sucked hard. so i used my 360 controller with keys mapped with xpadder:) works wonders if you are good with console shooters. had X set for sprint, A was jump, B was use, Y was reload, RT was shoot, RB was weapon change up, LB was weapon change down, RT was alternate fire, right analong was mouse funtions (aim), clicking right mouse was crouch, left analog was WSAD, and clicking that in was prone. the BACK button was for Limbo and the START button was ESC. set up pretty much just like Battlefield Modern Combat 2.

f*** that's awesome! Never thought of that.. I'm so tempted to get a controller now xD

I'ma take a drive to Best Buy and see if there is some kinda controller I can pick up. Thanks all for the responses.

yeah, you can play with controllers. ET has a very basic controller "button mapping schematic". (didnt know what to call it. lol) when i first started playin ET a few years ago, i only had a laptop with one of those touchpad mouses....sucked hard. so i used my 360 controller with keys mapped with xpadder:) works wonders if you are good with console shooters. had X set for sprint, A was jump, B was use, Y was reload, RT was shoot, RB was weapon change up, LB was weapon change down, RT was alternate fire, right analong was mouse funtions (aim), clicking right mouse was crouch, left analog was WSAD, and clicking that in was prone. the BACK button was for Limbo and the START button was ESC. set up pretty much just like Battlefield Modern Combat 2.

How did you manage to assign functions to analog sticks? I tried making my joystick work with ET, and ET recognizes the joystick, buttons work fine but I didn't know how to use x and y analog axis to work as a mouse (or to do any other function for that matter)?

EDIT: I fail to read, you used xpadder to do it. Do you know by any chance if it works with classic joysticks ("stick on a base" ones)?

How did you manage to assign functions to analog sticks? I tried making my joystick work with ET, and ET recognizes the joystick, buttons work fine but I didn't know how to use x and y analog axis to work as a mouse (or to do any other function for that matter)?

EDIT: I fail to read, you used xpadder to do it. Do you know by any chance if it works with classic joysticks ("stick on a base" ones)?

lol...true classic. as far as i know, xpadder is compatible with all forms of joysticks. as long as the pc can read it then xpadder should be able to also. it just picks up the signal of whats pressed or direction of sticks. try it out. i think its still freeware. if not then im sure you can find older versions which still are. i use version 5.3 or 5-3 i believe they call it.

EDIT: and another useful function of xpadder is not having to use the mouse if you have controller binded to mouse functions. my pc is connected to a HDTV via HMDI quite often. so pretty useful when watchin movies or browsing the forums :) i also have my d-pad binded to its respective arrow key functions. another + for flash games.

• Like 2

lol...true classic. as far as i know, xpadder is compatible with all forms of joysticks. as long as the pc can read it then xpadder should be able to also. it just picks up the signal of whats pressed or direction of sticks. try it out. i think its still freeware. if not then im sure you can find older versions which still are. i use version 5.3 or 5-3 i believe they call it.

EDIT: and another useful function of xpadder is not having to use the mouse if you have controller binded to mouse functions. my pc is connected to a HDTV via HMDI quite often. so pretty useful when watchin movies or browsing the forums :) i also have my d-pad binded to its respective arrow key functions. another + for flash games.

I'm pretty interested now :D Thanks dude (+1 rep!)

Chuckun

i saw the other day in shot an adapter for PS2 controller to pc (with USB)...

does anyone have it???

and does it work with win7 64bit <_<

http://www.amazon.com/PS2-USB-Dual-Controller-Adapter-Converter/dp/B000F6BGXY

Looks poor quality but reviews says that works fine with Win7 - maybe check that out?

Chuck