Michigan

GraveDigger

Does anybody live in Michigan? I am being sent there for 6 weeks as a result of my job and was wondering what there is do within driving distance of Grand Rapids?

i am not really looking for the lame tourist spots but rather cool places that only locals would be turned on to.

I go to Michigan every summer. I spend my time in Grand Haven. It is about 1 hour away. Its a pretty nice town and it has an awesome beach area. Also about 5 miles south of grand haven, there is a Camp Grounds. They have a pretty decent pool, in door and out door bball courts, tennis courts, and a nice beach area as well.

If you like paint balling, there are some cool paint balling areas.

I live about an hour away in Lansing. I go to GR every once in awhile and there really isn't a lot to do around there this time of year. As for the bigger cities in Michigan, you got lucky. Its one of the cleanest and safest, few nasty parts to avoid still though, most of downtown is surprisingly clean. There are a few museums that I remember being nice, one was dedicated to Leonardo Da Vinci's inventions(really cool stuff) and the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park was really cool too. I don't know of much else, haven't spent enough time there, I always see Dr. Grins comedy club but I have never been there. Last time I was there Rob Schnieder was going to be doing a gig.

If you like food I know of a really, really good place to go, its a little diner a bit out of town called Rosies Diner. Amazing food. It's an old school diner. Some of the best food I have literally ever eaten and that's not an exaggeration. It's in Rockford, north of Grand Rapids, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get to from downtown GR. They have a website, www.rosiesdiner.com. Check that place out if you have time in the morning or something. I have been there for every meal(breakfast, lunch dinner) and I just can't choose which is best. And I'm a stinge on restaraunts, I am very critical of the food I eat.

So let's recap:

- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park

- Rosies Diner

The highlights of Grand Rapids I would say, though I'm a tourist too when I go there.

I go to Michigan every summer. I spend my time in Grand Haven. It is about 1 hour away. Its a pretty nice town and it has an awesome beach area. Also about 5 miles south of grand haven, there is a Camp Grounds. They have a pretty decent pool, in door and out door bball courts, tennis courts, and a nice beach area as well.

If you like paint balling, there are some cool paint balling areas.

thanks

I live about an hour away in Lansing. I go to GR every once in awhile and there really isn't a lot to do around there this time of year. As for the bigger cities in Michigan, you got lucky. Its one of the cleanest and safest, few nasty parts to avoid still though, most of downtown is surprisingly clean. There are a few museums that I remember being nice, one was dedicated to Leonardo Da Vinci's inventions(really cool stuff) and the Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park was really cool too. I don't know of much else, haven't spent enough time there, I always see Dr. Grins comedy club but I have never been there. Last time I was there Rob Schnieder was going to be doing a gig.

If you like food I know of a really, really good place to go, its a little diner a bit out of town called Rosies Diner. Amazing food. It's an old school diner. Some of the best food I have literally ever eaten and that's not an exaggeration. It's in Rockford, north of Grand Rapids, shouldn't take more than 30 minutes to get to from downtown GR. They have a website, www.rosiesdiner.com. Check that place out if you have time in the morning or something. I have been there for every meal(breakfast, lunch dinner) and I just can't choose which is best. And I'm a stinge on restaraunts, I am very critical of the food I eat.

So let's recap:

- Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park

- Rosies Diner

The highlights of Grand Rapids I would say, though I'm a tourist too when I go there.

thanks soo much !