Website Forums signature and you

daredevil

• Administrators
A signature (from Latin signare, "to sign") is a handwritten (and sometimes stylized) depiction of someone's name, nickname or even a simple "X" that a person writes on documents as a proof of identity and intent. The writer of a signature is a signatory. Similar to a handwritten signature, a signature work describes the work as readily identifying its creator.

Some of you have taken liberty of our options and started using videos and music links in your signature. I personally don't mind one small link but some of you are using BBCode for full youtube video. In each topic I have to see your useless dumb ass video for more then 2 to 3 times. I don't like to listen to your songs from your signature. Not me but no one does. Let's be realistic everyone as it's own choice of music.

We have our music and video section. Feel free to use that.

Before I start moving users to another group where you will not be allow to use any signature or avatar, please remove below things from your signature:

1. Music links.

2. YouTube BBcode video links.

Use something useful in your signature which is helpful to other players.

This is first and last warning. There will not be any thereafter. There is About Me page given to all users. Feel free to use video and music links in that one.

After 72 hours if you have not fixed your signature, you will be moved to restricted user group. :thanks

Good one Dare! =)

and if someone wants a signature, feel free to ask me or post in signature topic ;)

like 15 ppl on this forum alrdy using siggy i made :D:yahoo pwns those music videos!@ :P

Oh and, if you click on my signature it leads you to a youtube video, is that allowed though?

• Administrators

Oh and, if you click on my signature it leads you to a youtube video, is that allowed though?

Allowed.

But why not make them point to something useful i.e. your missing pak file tutorial? Why not promote the good tutorials which you or anyone have published or other links, like our store, serverinfo page, etc? :wub:

Allowed.

But why not make them point to something useful i.e. your missing pak file tutorial? Why not promote the good tutorials which you or anyone have published or other links, like our store, serverinfo page, etc? :wub:

Even a better idea :D I'll do that :)

Well I just deleted my link after reading the topic. I thought everyone loved to listen to my music haha :D

If you would sing, yes. But i agree with Dare in this Case, even if my Browser dont play the Music w/o to click play :P

yes ur right about other link are more useful.. but i think that signature is put something that rapresent us..also for tutorial question or to help others there are sections..coz we have a real life i think (not everybody but a good part..and yes its a game forum, but the forum isnt only for game, but is a community.. just a point of view.. i provide to remove the music :P

Watching some video in signatures is really boring.

I have turned off the "View members' signatures when reading topics?" option in forums settings since I started using forums; because it uses up some bandwidth and makes forums slower to load on my PC.

I would not recommend it now since everybody will remove the video links and post something useful in it now.