• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Steam Log In with Google Sign In
  • Create Account
Photo

Your Job IRL

- - - - -

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Handzz

Handzz

L3: Novice

• Regular User
  • 171 posts
A step in the right direction
  • Admin:15
  • Server:Hardcore ET
What is your job?

Do you go to school? If so what are you studying?

I work for the Boy Scouts of America as a District Director. I raise $250,000 in donations, recruit youth, start new programs, maintain our website, and more. I have been doing this for eight years.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!

Saizou

Saizou

L7: Teacher

• Leader
  • 1,445 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:20
  • Server:Jay1
  • Alias:Saizou, Boris
Contributor
I'm studying electrotechnics, currently focused on electronic and computer engineering.

Wifestein

Wifestein

L11: Assassin

• Regular User
  • 6,309 posts
  • Server:None
I'm too lazy for a job haha :P

I'm 18 and studying art & design graphics designer @ college ^^ It's fun :]

Spitfire

Spitfire

L8: Grand Teacher

• Inactive Member
  • 1,689 posts
On a distinguished road
  • Admin:14
  • Server:Fun1
School, architecture and construction :)

[email protected]

[email protected]

L4: Apprentice

• Honored Veteran
  • 439 posts
  • Admin:13
I am working as supervisor in car shop :) i need to handle all these car marks: Volvo | Ford | Jaguar | Land Rover | Mazda | BMW | Mini | Honda | Hyundai |
Fiat | Alfa Romeo | Lancia | Chrysler | Dodge | Jeep | Renault

Under my command there is 35 auto mechanics.

Here i am at work :P

Posted Image

AntiThought

AntiThought

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,332 posts
Getting Better
Contributor

Here i am at work :P

Playing W:ET at work I see.

I am currently unemployed and trying to get most any job. I am now trying with 2 printing press positions and a 911 Communications Officer Trainee position. I am teaching myself computer programming but am undecided if I will try the code monkey route or if I will wait 'til my wife graduates and go into Private Investigating/Bail Enforcement.

*Sypher*

*Sypher*

L5: Journeyman

• Regular User
  • 666 posts
  • Admin:12
Contributor
Student 3th grade.
Partly English study to prepare for university, it sucks.
I'll be studying Economy or technology next year I think.

Baska

Baska

Open Wide ! What? PINKIE NOOOOO !!!!!

• Co-Leader
  • 2,893 posts
Has a brilliant future
  • EvolveHQ:Dziabag
  • Admin:19
  • Alias:=F|A= Baska
  • T-M:ET: 1-0
Contributor
Im thundercunt hoe :D and Alex slave/periodsauce donor :D

PHANTASM

PHANTASM

• Regular User
  • 1,963 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:XIII
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor

Playing W:ET at work I see.

I am currently unemployed and trying to get most any job. I am now trying with 2 printing press positions and a 911 Communications Officer Trainee position. I am teaching myself computer programming but am undecided if I will try the code monkey route or if I will wait 'til my wife graduates and go into Private Investigating/Bail Enforcement.

I would recommend you avoid the PI / bail bond industry. A family member of mine had a bail bond business here in Missouri (don't laugh). He got ripped off constantly, by the criminals he bailed out, by his bounty hunters, by the lawyers, and eventually gave up the business deeply in debt.

Learn C#, VBA, Java, Perl, etc.

Wifestein

Wifestein

L11: Assassin

• Regular User
  • 6,309 posts

Im thundercunt hoe :D and Alex slave/periodsauce donor :D

Yummy periodsauce :]

AntiThought

AntiThought

• Honored Veteran
  • 1,332 posts
Getting Better
Contributor
Phantasm it is not about the money for me. My wife will be a nurse in a few years doing what she loves and making more maney than I have ever came slose to. Once she is done I will pursue what makes me happy- money is secondary. My intention, if I go that route, is to get my PI liscense and either start a small bail-bonds company or work with an existing one. Once I have sufficiently increased my skills on that end of the business I would like to work my way into the Bail Enforcement part (Fancy term for Bounty Hunting).

On the code side of things I am currently learning C++ once done with that I will learn, J2EE, Oracle, MySQL, then C# and VBA. Perhaps a few others if I need them by that time.

PHANTASM

PHANTASM

• Regular User
  • 1,963 posts
On the road to fame
  • Admin:XIII
  • Server:Jay2
Contributor

Phantasm it is not about the money for me. My wife will be a nurse in a few years doing what she loves and making more maney than I have ever came slose to. Once she is done I will pursue what makes me happy- money is secondary. My intention, if I go that route, is to get my PI liscense and either start a small bail-bonds company or work with an existing one. Once I have sufficiently increased my skills on that end of the business I would like to work my way into the Bail Enforcement part (Fancy term for Bounty Hunting).

On the code side of things I am currently learning C++ once done with that I will learn, J2EE, Oracle, MySQL, then C# and VBA. Perhaps a few others if I need them by that time.

Bounty hunting is better than being the bondsman. Depends where you live though. If the client goes across the river from Missouri to Illinois then they are safe, because bounty hunters are illegal in Illinois. In Missouri, concealed weapons are legal, so you could easily get shot trying to arrest someone.

If you learn Oracle and SQL, you can get a job as a database programmer or admin (what I used to do). If you learn MSVB (Visual Basic) on top of that, you can design applications that run with Oracle to make internal corporate databases. Learn Java/HTML/XML on top of that and you can make corporate websites.

hobbit

hobbit

L10: Grand Master

• Regular User
  • 3,246 posts
Will become famous
  • Admin:0
  • Steam ID:pvtforrestgump
Contributor
Currently a sernior in high school. Planning on going into either aerospace or industrial enigneering, depending on which uni's decide to accept me and how much scholarship cash they offer me. ALso thinking that i might go for computer science instead, but unsure yet.

daredevil

daredevil

Profiler

• Administrators
  • 25,166 posts
Guardian of the faith
  • Xbox Live:hellreturn
  • EvolveHQ:hellreturn
  • Admin:21
  • Alias:hellreturn
  • T-M:1-0
Contributor

I'm studying electrotechnics, currently focused on electronic and computer engineering.

What is your major subject in that one? Are you going towards Analog or Digital Electronics?

Guest_OCELOT._*

Guest_OCELOT._*
  • Guests
I am a security consultant

Edited by OCELOT., 14 November 2010 - 08:25 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users