Who All Hunts?

eXs'.nAbish?

So I was wondering who all hunts?? I went hunting today and got two doe, my younger brother got a doe, dad got a Doe, and my mom got a ten point, with my biggest being an 8 point. If you hunt, post here and some stories, or pics that you remember most. I'll try to get some pics up here.. :)

Enjoy!

I used to go turkey hunting when I was littler.

My very first turkey I shot didn't die, what happened was this: I shot and hit it and it started flapping around on the ground, so my dad tells me to run out and grab it, and choke it to death. So I run out to the turkey but what happens is pretty funny. I grab the turkey by its legs. When I start to lift up the turkey's long ass neck twirls around and pecks my hand twice really hard and I drop it and watch the blood drip down my arm. At this point I was pissed and wanted the snap the turkeys neck. I reach down and try to grab the turkey again but it wiggles free and jumps in the air and starts flying toward me, but it was badly wounded and couldn't fly very good. But it keep trying to peck me. So I turn around and make a run for it. The turkey starts running after me and literally chases me across half a corn field. I think the only reason I survived that day was my dad cutting us off and tackling the turkey and strangling it.

Oh, and I ate the turkey.

Edited by RoosterCogburn

I go quail hunting with **** Cheney every now and again.

Brave man.

But to answer the question I am an avid hunter. As far as antler points go I have not shot anything over 6. Since I hunt for the meat I kill the first of the target species I see (unless of course it is female and shows sign of having young ones) and thus rarely wait to see the bigger more nervous bucks. I took a long break from hunting over the past 6 years or so but have been hitting the woods hard this year. I eat everything I kill and when possible brain tan the hides. So this is what I hunt and what I hunt it with.

Shotgun (20 Ga.)- Squirrel and Dove

Rifle (30-30 and 7mm)- Deer and Hog

Rifle (.22)- Squirrel, Hog, and Rabbit

Muzzleloader (.50cal)- Deer

Bow (Alien Nemesis)- Deer

Will hunt for the first time, later this season:

Coyote (either bow, 20 ga., or 30-30.... haven't decided yet)

Will hunt when season opens:

Turkey (20 ga)

I go quail hunting with **** Cheney every now and again.

http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPsqL81Etxg

Your crazy. never go hunting with an uneducated man.

I hunt with a .308 bolt action mossberg, a 12. gauge Remington model .870 Express, a .223 with a bull barrel for varmits, and some deer, and a bow that i have never used besides in my back yard :P

Edited by eXs'.nAbish?

i have 90 acres in south east michigan that I hunt. Its nice. I got a doe during the bow season. I am getting out of work in about 2 hours to go for opening day of gun season. Time to see how my beretta xtrema 2 with the rifled barrel works out for me.

Yeah, I made plenty of jerky last night, out of the 3 doe and 2 bucks we got and it's pretty damn good if you ask me.. Haha I'll be goin out again this weekend to see what I can do, and to add to the other deer, my bro got a pretty nice 9 point last night to continue the other meat and such..

I used to go turkey hunting when I was littler.

My very first turkey I shot didn't die, what happened was this: I shot and hit it and it started flapping around on the ground, so my dad tells me to run out and grab it, and choke it to death. So I run out to the turkey but what happens is pretty funny. I grab the turkey by its legs. When I start to lift up the turkey's long ass neck twirls around and pecks my hand twice really hard and I drop it and watch the blood drip down my arm. At this point I was pissed and wanted the snap the turkeys neck. I reach down and try to grab the turkey again but it wiggles free and jumps in the air and starts flying toward me, but it was badly wounded and couldn't fly very good. But it keep trying to peck me. So I turn around and make a run for it. The turkey starts running after me and literally chases me across half a corn field. I think the only reason I survived that day was my dad cutting us off and tackling the turkey and strangling it.

Oh, and I ate the turkey.

funny story you did get your revange at the turky how old where you.

Edited by darth mother