Missle launch off California Coast

AntiThought

Yesterday a missle/rocket of some kind (as of now unidentified) was seen launched an estimated 35 miles off the California, USA coastline north-northwest of Catalina island and west-southwest of Los Angeles. What ever it was was large enough to be clearly visible from Los Angeles. Here is a video clip. What an impressive contrail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2qKMchcgzk

lol. I've seen launches around that area before. Usually it's the military testing out a missile. It does look really damn eerie though. What puzzles me is the fact the military is throwing up their hands and doing the "I DUN KNOOOOOW" song N dance.

This is almost laughable. The military is saying they think it was an airplane. Anyone ever seen an airplane let off a contrail this intense or large? I didn't think so. Also look at the above video- notice the size of the contrail of the object and the size of the helicopter in the foreground and it is still supposedly miles beyond that helicopter. I am no physicist but something seems a little off.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/40097909#40097909

This is almost laughable. The military is saying they think it was an airplane. Anyone ever seen an airplane let off a contrail this intense or large? I didn't think so. Also look at the above video- notice the size of the contrail of the object and the size of the helicopter in the foreground and it is still supposedly miles beyond that helicopter. I am no physicist but something seems a little off.

http://www.msnbc.msn...097909#40097909

All I have to ask is: If it was indeed an airplane, why wasn't anything detected on the radars? Where's the pilot of this plane? Even private flights are more or less tracked in flight these days. It's impossible that a jet, as they suggested it was, would slip through their fingers so easily. Whatever it was, the information doesn't really add up. There's obviously SOMETHING there. Whether it's a missile or indeed an optical illusion created by a jet, which it very well COULD be. After all, the whole point of an illusion is to trick you into believing it is something that it's not. But whether it was or it wasn't a missile, whether it was or it wasn't a plane, it's there and there's bound to be something on the radar, otherwise it has stealth technology, and personally I'd rather not try piecing that puzzle together.

Also I think it's safe to stop worrying about another country's involvement in this. If it really were another country and they were hostile or, at the very least, unfriendly enough to do this... you can rest assured that they wouldn't give away their advantage so easily. On such a meaningless act. This also isn't a show of a new weapon either. The only time the enemy would show us a new weapon is when they're using it on us, or another enemy at least. Otherwise we have time to counteract and build appropriate counter-measures against it, and that is the very last thing an enemy would want. Plus their are many different issues this would raise in the U.N.. Some potentially hostile or questionably unfriendly country comes into U.S. borders and fires a missile off? The rest of the sane world isn't going to like such a blatant disregard for political standings and the U.N. practices. Also, China more or less owns us anyway, their best interest lies in letting us pay off our debt. For now at least.

Is it irony that I smell? The supposed freest nation on the planet is indebted to a communist country. :rolleyes:

So quickly are we distracted. Silence has found the issue and us Americans are back wondering which celeb is cheating with who and what is on the next American Idol. All it takes is someone saying it must have been an optical illusion. Perhaps I should start taking advantage of this mass gullibility.