what to do

JARHEADE9

What should be done when a player will not stop rushing the map ? There have been only two regular players i've seen that will continue to tj and rush map and laught when you ask them not to so what as a low lvl admin do ?

deal with it, ask a member to come, ask for levels (not suggested), leave, take pics of the person doin so, rush before he can, play better defense, or sk with mortar or arty.

haha these should help a bit :P though i wasnt very nice about saying them

Personally...as a level 3 admin I have the ability to '!warn' people...but I don't feel that rushing a map is warranted for that. I spend alot of time on etpub...and alot of times I am the highest level admin on. The current rule is if someone rushes a map...you !rush. Let him know that if he continues to rush the maps he will be !putteam to the weaker team. If said person 'specs' or 'disconnects' to rejoin the 'attacking' team...well the rule hasn't been put into stone as to 'what is acceptable' for 'punishment' for ignoring the admin on this particular issue. Therefore...I would say that after you spent your valuable time to instruct said player to play by current rules then the 'punishment' varies by the admin.

Now...I can !warn/!kick. I DO NOT use this for rushers. I usually don't say anything unless several people complain about said person rushing (I let people play the game as they see fit and only use my limited powers when complaints arise). Usually noone complains unless it happens 2+ times in a row. And usually its the same person. That is when I say something. Otherwise I let players play to have fun as they see fit. The biggest problem I have is...the current rule in the first paragraph states '!putteam' to weaker team. I cannot !putteam. So therefore...if players complain about an objective minded person finishing a map in 2-3 minutes repeatedly, and after I have !rush, then I would have no recourse other than to !warn (luckily I havn't had to do this). I have come close...with one guy (forget his name) 'giving me his opinion as to how the game is supposed to be played'. I explained to him why we have that rule (to have fun on the map, for people that don't know the map to learn the map etc etc). Funniest part...he said something like 'everyone left playing this game knows the map'. A player on the Axis (my side) said...'I don't know this map'... so I asked the uber player to help me teach him the map since he was such an awesome player!' Problem solved. B)

Perhaps one day I will have the F|A tag with level 4 admin. Then I would be able to !putteam ;)

Play defense? :twisted:

Again...without the ability to '!putteam' ourselves to the 'weaker' team...we lower admins have to find 'a more diplomatic' approach to the situation. Going spec and ask someone from the 'losing' team to go to the stronger team. Hopefully the 'strong' player on defense doesn't swap though. Then the teams would be even worse. Another idea would be if someone is logging onto the game (and is 'connecting' still)...switch to spec when they get on, and they will have to go onto your side.

I know map rushing is against the rules and i dont rush the map on pubs, but seriously, the point of the game is to finish the map, not frag the most. If u want to frag, go to a frag server.

What are the map rushers names?

Why are people with admin breaking the rules? :?

Am I breaking the rules? If so please correct my current thinking on the subject. But as it stands now...my current thinking is what I have read on the forums about the !rush rules. I actually felt pretty confident in my thinking on the subject lol

before i go any further plz check this.

http://www.fearless-assassins.coms/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=155

however, i can not see any proper way of stopping rushers short of outright bans. but that would be too extreme even for a game of wj'ers like fuel dump. the only logical way i see out of the rush situation is by removing the double jump all together on all FA servers that have it. an admin temporarily removed the double jump and asked how it was the otherweek and i liked it but no response from anyone else as far as i could tell, they wanted double jump and for rambos its just another extra weapon to use, especially on a map like baserace, or for engineers on minas to skip level 2 gate and hit level 3 gate instead via the door on the top left side. the same could be said for a number of other maps, i use the double jump to jump the outpost gate on venice when there are bot engies running around, plant a shrap mine to kill and a dyna, once done i kill them after the tank trap is gone when they start rebuilding it, same again on venice, you can double jump the canal to the axis command post and hide behind a wall next to enemy spawn, when a whole bunch of ais come the way you are, more kill whoring.

the only logical way i see out of the rush situation is by removing the double jump all together on all FA servers that have it.

rushing was never really an issue when there was no double jump.... Personally i think the defending team uses it as an excuse to not defend correctly. feuldump is a common one i see. almost no one ever defends the tunnel grate and than complains when the allies go walk right though and plant. the rule is not there to allow people to be lazy or a pass to be able to try to keep the other team pinned down. if you do not want to defend the objective than the map should be over. rushing is not the issue...people wanting to just have easy frags for 20 minutes is...play the map correct or it ends quickly... it is not a hard concept lol

the only logical way i see out of the rush situation is by removing the double jump all together on all FA servers that have it.

rushing was never really an issue when there was no double jump.... Personally i think the defending team uses it as an excuse to not defend correctly. feuldump is a common one i see. almost no one ever defends the tunnel grate and than complains when the allies go walk right though and plant. the rule is not there to allow people to be lazy or a pass to be able to try to keep the other team pinned down. if you do not want to defend the objective than the map should be over. rushing is not the issue...people wanting to just have easy frags for 20 minutes is...play the map correct or it ends quickly... it is not a hard concept lol

In fuel dump u can rush right after the side gate is blown have a covie go inside and call for a engineer and let him in and blow it GAME OVER!!!!!!

In fuel dump u can rush right after the side gate is blown have a covie go inside and call for a engineer and let him in and blow it GAME OVER!!!!!!

Not if you're an Axis Engineer waiting there. :roll:

Play defense? :twisted:

This answered the thread imo.

Just move on m8, there will always be assholes that rush maps and spoil the fun for everyone else. :(

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly get pretty annoyed if I'm on the defending team and nobody else seems to want to be anywhere near the objective that we're supposed to be defending. In a sense, if the teams are fairly evenly matched, I think if you get rushed you deserved it...

Usually this happens when all of the good players are on the attacking team, though, and none will switch over for the sake of sportsmanship. This is because people "need" to win, so they'd rather run over a far inferior team (repeatedly) than have an actual fight on their hands. I'll try to be "team captain" and tell them what they need to do to help in some of these situations, but instructions like "give that heavy weapon to a better player" or "build the command post" often seem to fall on deaf ears. Then, what's the point from there? You're never going to last more than a few seconds, and your teammates won't play as a team...

To me, the game isn't fun if victory comes too easily. It also isn't fun if you get instafragged over and over and over and over because your team has many fewer (if any) experienced or skilled players compared with the other team.

But back to the point. Normally maps getting rushed is a sign that the teams are not evenly matched up, and therefore the game is not fun for 50%+ of the people on the server. I think that's the main reason for the map rushing rule. If the teams are pretty even, it will be rare for anyone to beat the objective before 40% of the time is up. I have played a lot of very close matches where either we would have had the objective done with 30 seconds-1minute more, or where we got it with only 1 minute to spare. That's how it should be. It's both more exciting, and more fun, but it should not be that way because for 40% of the time we weren't trying. It should be because the teams are well balanced and in the same league.