Reply from EB about #9014 kick

NoGooD

My PB is updated but i dont get the 9014 kick. I lag alot, but no kick. No idea whats the difference between me and others who get the kick.

Maybe its the Patch or so? Cuz i still play with the 2.55 Patch.

Edited by stars*

I can play fine with no kicks.

Giving as much info as possible i'm using ET 2.60b on win 7 ultimate 64bit with the same player cfg i've used for 8 years nearly, i also have nvidia gfx runnign the latest drivers......... I can play Jay, pub, NQ and Pro with no problems PB wise.

As with any PB issues i may have had...well pbsetup and pbsvc sorts em out usually or failing that i do delete the PB folder and then re-run pbsetup followed by pbsvc and all is usually good again.

The PB update before the last one i did have issues (OS exception console flood thing) but that was def PB end as they released another update a day or two later...once they sent out the last update though all has been good again and has been fine since for me.

Sorry i cant help more but here is what i do if my PB fooks up:

Delete the PB folder (Literally delete the whole folder named PB thats in your ET folder)

Run PBSETUP and update your PB for required game. Current PB version should be Client: V2.236 | A1382 Server v1.774 | A1382 | C2.236

Run PBSVC.exe to check all PB files are installed and are working correctly. If they are not the program will reinstall them and get them working. Provided the program says all is working at the end then PB is fine.

Reboot your PC to allow PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe services to restart and run as they should.

If none of that sorts the PB issues then i'm out of ideas tbh. Only time those steps havn't worked for me is when its PB's end but then 90% of ET players also have the very same issue as me.

GL

Re:

KiN

Edited by KiN

• Administrators

Constant connection with no corrupted packets = no kick

Constant connection with a few corrupted packets at the time pb is scanning = kick.

So as my good friend put it even ET is about connection now. And no your internet connection speed has nothing to do with it. Its the quality of the connection that matters here, so there is not magic fix. You can either spam EB which I have suggested or contact your ISP.

• Like 1

I usually play with low cl_maxpackets (like 15 or 30) because I seem to get better aim (yeah I know placebo effect but it works for me). A week ago I set it up to 100 testing some settings and I got the 9014 kick, and had to restart ET, etc. Nasty annoying kick.

Anyway, lowering your maxpackets might help get a stable connection so you don't get kicked.

Try the code below if you keep getting kicked. Can't hurt and might help.

in console:

/cl_maxpackets 30

or in config:

set cl_maxpackets 30

I usually play with low cl_maxpackets (like 15 or 30) because I seem to get better aim (yeah I know placebo effect but it works for me). A week ago I set it up to 100 testing some settings and I got the 9014 kick, and had to restart ET, etc. Nasty annoying kick.

Anyway, lowering your maxpackets might help get a stable connection so you don't get kicked.

Try the code below if you keep getting kicked. Can't hurt and might help.

in console:

/cl_maxpackets 30

or in config:

set cl_maxpackets 30

That actually makes sense in my mind. If you lower the amount of packets you send/receive then you would likely lessen your chance of a corrupted packet

This 9014 "losing packet " thing is horrid. I thought that it was due of me not being a member. So I got my membership (Vip). I tried to talk to an admin for the past 2 days to stop kicking me out. Who do I talk to? There's no one on recruit, no one on e.t. I can even get set up. Also I read the posts about punkbuster 9014....No one seem to know anything. Help.

Edited by Zorba

That actually makes sense in my mind. If you lower the amount of packets you send/receive then you would likely lessen your chance of a corrupted packet

Hmm maybe someone should test this. I have mine at 100 but I still haven't gotten any kicks (so for me lower packets wouldn't make a difference XD)

• Administrators

This 9014 "losing packet " thing is horrid. I thought that it was due of me not being a member. So I got my membership (Vip). I tried to talk to an admin for the past 2 days to stop kicking me out. Who do I talk to? There's no one on recruit, no one on e.t. I can even get set up. Also I read the posts about punkbuster 9014....No one seem to know anything. Help.

Sorry, we don't kick anyone! Please play on our NON PB server i.e. F|A 2 and you will not be kicked!

PS Since, you got VIP membership, feel free to ask for VIP benefits. :)

• Administrators

I wish all does same so they know there system is f***ed up :P Suckers want fix it.... no matter how much we tell them.

I wish all games come with VAC and they die in HELL!

PS I hate VAC but it doesn't releases shitty updates where all players keep getting kicked!

Now that you mention it, when i enter a server, the first 2 seconds the screen stalls and then everything runs fine. I only got the #9014 kick like once but never again. (maybe its only because i play 1-2 maps then stop lol)

im guesing u use an ati card as well. I had same prob. with screen stalling and error reports. Think the prob. was updated drivers, i installed original drivers and it cured the prob. hope it works 4u also.

Constant connection with no corrupted packets = no kick

Constant connection with a few corrupted packets at the time pb is scanning = kick.

So as my good friend put it even ET is about connection now. And no your internet connection speed has nothing to do with it. Its the quality of the connection that matters here, so there is not magic fix. You can either spam EB which I have suggested or contact your ISP.

Yeah, I've noticed when my connection starts becoming hazy, then after 5 minutes of it, I get kicked. Now I understand it