pb is being a pain

Tonka

I saw at least twenty people get kicked for losing key packets on Jaymod 1 over this weekend.

Most of them would come back on, ask what happened, and I/we would say "you got kicked for losing packets". I would tell them to set /cl_packetdup 2 so they send more packets. Then they lag more and are more unhappy. And then someone else would get kicked for losing packets, and come back saying wtf why me, this never happens, been playing here six months, etc etc.

Maybe pb is deliberately trying to kill ET with a bad patch.

I had it too few days ago but after I saw Dare's topic about new patch I patched my client (2.236 version) and it stopped kicking me.

Note sure how many new updates were released in the past few days but for me the Friday version is working alright.

Change your pb_sleep from 500 to 250. Many of us tested this on HC and noone has been kicked since.

I was kicked on the weekend whilst playing with pb_sleep 500

iT HELPS FOR A WHILE. I use the 250 instead of my 500. I played 3 maps before I got kicked instead of playing 1 map and get kicked after 20 minutes. And yes it was the 90** kick of pb

So it doesn't work man.

Hell

Edited by HellfiG

• 3 weeks later...

Wouldn't it make more sense to set a higher value for pb_sleep than a lower value?

I've played with pb_sleep 500 for a while now, pb_sleep has no affect on getting kicked