Screen freezes

Avrae+

Can someone help to fix this problem. My system freezes randomly for 2-4sec when playing ET in every server.. Its quite annoying cos it likes to happen when enemy is near. I think its not from connection, my HDD light burn when it happens and i havent this with my older computers with same connection. My comp should have more than enought performance for this game.. Ikd if the same issue would be in other games too, cos i dont have other games :rolleyes: I cannot find solution for this so help would be appreciated :thanks

Things i have tried: Newest pb uptade, newest graphic driver and i have turned my virus app not to scan et folder. None of them have helped.

Here are specs:

AMD Athlon II Dual-Core M320, (2 CPUs), ~2.1Ghz.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200, 1660mb hypermemory.

4096mb RAM, 3250mb enable, DDR2-800

320 GB, 5400 rpm, Serial ATA

DirectX 11

Windows 7 Home Prenium 64bit

And this is ASUS X5EA (Exact model: K51AE) laptop

When was the last time you ran Disk Defragmenter? I'd also recommend using the Disk Defrag tool from Auslogics.

Try turning down some of your video settings, change a few of the other visual settings as well, just keep playing around with your video settings and you might just find the magic spot for your computer to handle it.

When was the last time you ran Disk Defragmenter? I'd also recommend using the Disk Defrag tool from Auslogics.

Try turning down some of your video settings, change a few of the other visual settings as well, just keep playing around with your video settings and you might just find the magic spot for your computer to handle it.

I havent defragmented my disk even once, but i think its not neccessary yet cos this is month and half old machine and i have this same problem ever since i bought this as new.

I just tried to change some visual settings lower but its still freezing, ill try another settings in this evenining when i have time.. Thx for advice, i hope ill finally get rid of this.

Defrag is useful at any time in the life of a PC, it's recommended more often the more files you download, create, edit, move, and delete. Try running a defrag every once in awhile, more often the more you create/edit/delete data on your computer. If it's a month and an half old, and you haven't done it yet, it definitely needs it. So far, you've more than likely installed several programs, uninstalled a few, installed Windows updates while doing something else, as well as download patches and other files while doing other things, maybe even download more than one file at a time. All of this leads to fragmentation. Just run a Defrag while you're away from your computer; it doesn't need babysitting, just start it up, and let it run while you're at school, work, or asleep.

I have also noticed a similar behavior on the NQ2 server they just put up; as long as I'm away from the action of all the bots, I don't have any problems, but the moment I jump into an area where they are all close, just for a brief moment, just barely, I notice a split second of lag. So far, it hasn't caused any problems because the pause is so short, but I have recently upped my settings so it could be one of those. Since you are on a laptop, other factors might be in play, like heat. You might want to invest a little bit in a cooling pad for your laptop, it might just help out.

Ye cooling is important.

Btw, do you use ATI Drivers? Cause the last drivers ending with 5 and 6 are incompatible with Quake3 engine and may cause graphical issues

fast ? are you playing et with the 2.6b patch or have this mega manager i find that anytime i have mega manager open et freeze on me as well we have about the same stats on pc tho your ram is one more then mine is

Defrag is useful at any time in the life of a PC, it's recommended more often the more files you download, create, edit, move, and delete. Try running a defrag every once in awhile, more often the more you create/edit/delete data on your computer. If it's a month and an half old, and you haven't done it yet, it definitely needs it. So far, you've more than likely installed several programs, uninstalled a few, installed Windows updates while doing something else, as well as download patches and other files while doing other things, maybe even download more than one file at a time. All of this leads to fragmentation. Just run a Defrag while you're away from your computer; it doesn't need babysitting, just start it up, and let it run while you're at school, work, or asleep.

Ok, i will do this then.

They have released 10.7 which does work and provides a few improvements here and there while working great with ET.

I have just that driver.

fast ? are you playing et with the 2.6b patch or have this mega manager i find that anytime i have mega manager open et freeze on me as well we have about the same stats on pc tho your ram is one more then mine is

I play with 2.6b and i didnt find any "mega manager". Now that i have looked this a lot im really starting suspect that this is running out of RAM. Only 412mb free RAM when i only have xfire on and this graphic card may drain it dry when running ET. This have so many unimportant "ASUS" programs <_<

Ok, i will do this then.

I have just that driver.

I play with 2.6b and i didnt find any "mega manager". Now that i have looked this a lot im really starting suspect that this is running out of RAM. Only 412mb free RAM when i only have xfire on and this graphic card may drain it dry when running ET. This have so many unimportant "ASUS" programs <_<

How the hell did you use up so much ram space with 4 GB lol ! I only use 1.93 GB (and i am playing ET and battle of the immortals at the same time =D)

Idk, by pressing ctrl+windows+delete, it showed me that.. but then again i found this menu which shows something else.. It have finnish language, but u can look it by comparing to your own. Im too noob with computers :lol:

x7odz.jpg

you can try this as well i did it when i first got my pc i don't like things running that does not need to be running i think i had a topic on how to do this on the evil forums but they did a clean up and i lost the topic i had pic and ever thing

but you can do this i do it by steps so if you get lost you can read it over

step 1

go to start

step 2 seen that your running windows 7 type in where it says search msconfig

step 3 when it comes up

go to start up

step 4 disable all you can keep xfire running if you want

step 5 go to services clink hide all Microsoft services

disable all then hit apply then restart your pc you well only have what you need to be running not anything in background unless you start up something like msn that has it on thing that you well haft to find on ur on i have not find how to turn it off so it does not start up every time i us it

but you should do what dare said as well mine just helps out with your start up and how it runs

It's not that easy Venom.

You shouldn't disable every startup program and service.

Avrae, if you could PM me your startup processes and services(Microsoft services NOT included), I could pick those wich are essential.

Also recommend you to download&install IOBit Game Booster and run it every time you start playing. It shuts down unnecessary services etc freeing RAM and CPU usage.